3.0 trans trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 trans trouble

hi, i have owned a 94 surf 3.0 for nearly 10 years and has covered approx 130.000 miles, when these trucks have done these miles and years things can go wrong, the radiator needs to be replaced with a new one, no second hand shit, i came out of work one night and found i had second gear and overdrive missing, i spent weeks learning about these trannys, if the overdrive light does not blink then there are no fault codes left and if the tranny is not shifting correctly then its an ecu problem. if the overdrive light flash's then there are codes left and can be used to trace the problem which can be googled, i replaced my ecu with a so called tested one from ebay yes i got burned, when i fitted it was the same it took me weeks of testing and double checking to find i was shafted, i eventually found out about the ecu doctor in plymton devon they tested and fixed it for £200 so sorted at last. i drove it for months with the ecu disconnected from the trans, the black socket on nearside of the gearbox, in manual mode ,then i traced the lock up clutch solenoid connected a positive wire through the overdrive switch, and i had overdrive again in third and fourth,i may have scraped it if i had not done this, cheers.
Working...
X