radio fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio fitting

Ok finally got hacked off listening to radio 2 and virgin radio.... So is it easy enought for a novice to fit one, i know i have to get a wiring loom from somewhere Halfrauds do them ive seen them, would one that fits most Toyotas but not MR2 do the job?????? youll have to bear with me im a proper novice....
    and will i need to do any other wire connecting and lastly (i hear a huge sigh) will the electric arial still work thanks for your patience...
    Dave
    if a politition is talking its lying

Originally posted by firefly
    Ok finally got hacked off listening to radio 2 and virgin radio.... So is it easy enought for a novice to fit one, i know i have to get a wiring loom from somewhere Halfrauds do them ive seen them, would one that fits most Toyotas but not MR2 do the job?????? youll have to bear with me im a proper novice....
    and will i need to do any other wire connecting and lastly (i hear a huge sigh) will the electric arial still work thanks for your patience...
    Dave
    PM Jotto or Koi , the wiring harnesses are in the shop on this site .

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thing is we go down to Devon on Friday morning so i really could do with one tomorrow to give me a chance of fitting it before we travel

Comment

There are plenty off threads about this. I did one about 6 weeks ago.
        Replacing the radio is straight forward, with a bit of luck you can do it in under an hour. You need a a toyota iso lead and yes you can get them from halfrauds. Just remove the band expander and connect straight to the radio.
        Your ariel should still work .
        I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

mike i take it there is a band expander fitted to the wiring loom from halfords,

Comment

sorry if this has come up before, but is the wiring loom still necessary if you already have an aftermarket stereo?

My Surf came imported with a carrozerria (sp?) CD/MD unit, and I have a Merlin band expander sitting in a jiffy bag waiting for when I'm brave enough to take the dash to pieces.

Hopefully the band expander is all I need...?

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
              mike i take it there is a band expander fitted to the wiring loom from halfords,

If your fitting a uk spec radio you don't need a band expander.
              I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                PM Jotto or Koi , the wiring harnesses are in the shop on this site .

Rick
                Shop???
                What shop?
                ...or am I just blind???
                Simon.O.
                '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by simono
                  Shop???
                  What shop?
                  ...or am I just blind???
                  Go to the Parts for Sale section and you will see at the top of the listings there is a Post from Koi
                  NO WORRIES!
                  Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by simono
                    Shop???
                    What shop?
                    ...or am I just blind???
                    Just click on one of the pictures at the top of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by tamper
                      sorry if this has come up before, but is the wiring loom still necessary if you already have an aftermarket stereo?

My Surf came imported with a carrozerria (sp?) CD/MD unit, and I have a Merlin band expander sitting in a jiffy bag waiting for when I'm brave enough to take the dash to pieces.

Hopefully the band expander is all I need...?
                      nah, it's for fitting a UK spec stereo with ISO connector into the toyota wiring loom... if there is already an aftermarket stereo, check the connectors on it as it may already be an ISO connection.... or if you're on a budget cut all the wires and crimp them together... or if the budget's even smaller, twist the wires together and selotape to insulate!... BINGO!

(of course i would reccomend getting a qualified auto electrician to carry out any work if i wasn't sure!... and make sure i disconnect the battery before comencing any worki!)
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                      X