Paint code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint code

Does anyone know what the paint code is for the wheel arch/mudguard(see pic)or where it is located on the vin plate?Cheers.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RobD; 10 August 2004, 19:52.
    Powered by ????

details on my vin plate include the following:

Model KD-KZN185W-GAPT
    Frame no. KZN185-000****
    Color 8L7
    Trim FX16
    Trans A340E
    Axle A07A
    Plant A51

i think the red bit is the one you need. I've read in the past that paint shops can break this down into 2 codes, one for the blue and one for the silver. Only read this so don't know if i'm right!
    I assume the trim section applies to the interior but again I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Rob; 10 August 2004, 23:21.

Comment

I'm having the same problem getting the code for my truck which is black over silver.
      The paint code on the VIN plate is 204, which I am told is a code for both the black and the silver. My local Toyota dealer was very helpful, but only recognised the code as black - which he supplied. I went to a local motor factor who phoned his paint supplier who recognised 204 as black and silver and gave him the formula for mixing he paint. Unfortunately it turned out to be the dark silver/grey that many of the red/silver-grey Gen 2 Surfs have.
      On the hilux site the code for light grey is given as 147 (I think, without checking) - so back I go to the factor who makes this up for me. This was much too light!!
      As a last resort I have been to a paintshop suppliers who made up a quarter litre (the smallest quantity) to match the truck by going through all their paint "chips" until they got the nearest. I haven't had time to try it yet, but if its OK I will give you the code - it might make a starting point for you.
      If anyone knows the actual Toyota code for the silver trim on a 1997 Surf I would be most interested to know.
      Keith

Comment

Originally posted by s2-wolf
        I'm having the same problem getting the code for my truck which is black over silver.
        The paint code on the VIN plate is 204, which I am told is a code for both the black and the silver. My local Toyota dealer was very helpful, but only recognised the code as black - which he supplied. I went to a local motor factor who phoned his paint supplier who recognised 204 as black and silver and gave him the formula for mixing he paint. Unfortunately it turned out to be the dark silver/grey that many of the red/silver-grey Gen 2 Surfs have.
        On the hilux site the code for light grey is given as 147 (I think, without checking) - so back I go to the factor who makes this up for me. This was much too light!!
        As a last resort I have been to a paintshop suppliers who made up a quarter litre (the smallest quantity) to match the truck by going through all their paint "chips" until they got the nearest. I haven't had time to try it yet, but if its OK I will give you the code - it might make a starting point for you.
        If anyone knows the actual Toyota code for the silver trim on a 1997 Surf I would be most interested to know.

Me too for 1996 SSR-X.