torstion bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torstion bars

Afternoon all I fitted RT+2 springs and shocks to the rear of the truck a few months ago. Now they have settled in I did a quick bit of measuring ,the osr from top of rim to bottom of wheel arch was 14 inches and the nsr was just over 14 . Now the osf is 13 and the nsf just over 13 . From what I have read on here 13 to 13 1/2 is standard height . What I need to know is if I wind the front up a little to 14 to level out the truck a bit am I going to run into any other problems, like will I have to trim down the bump stops and will I need to fit a diff drop kit ?. Am I right in thinking I need s 27mm spanner to adjust the bars havet rolled under truck to check
    Always up to my neck in it

22mm spanners needed.

Don't know about heights, I always fit the front as little as possible to clear what ever tyres are fitted, it dosn't like being lifted to much.

You'll see if you need the cut the bump stops down, as they will be touching the bottom of the upper wishbone.

Remember the rear wheel arch is physically lower than the front, you're better off measuring from the front and rear of the sills to the floor and have a slightly nose down stance of about 1/2" or so for best results.

Diff drop, ball joint spacers and manual hubs are all must haves if you want to get 1 1/2" or more of front lift. Just leveling the front after fitting rear coils and you don't really need them.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
    X