Another quick question :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another quick question :)

Guys in buying a new horn for the truck I've got the winter pack so I'm running on 2 batteries does this mean I should buy a horn that has a 24v rating?

Thanks again
    Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Originally posted by AlexKzn130 View Post
    Guys in buying a new horn for the truck I've got the winter pack so I'm running on 2 batteries does this mean I should buy a horn that has a 24v rating?

Thanks again
    No, 12volt.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

What horn are you getting?

I am scared to hoot anybody because mine sounds like Postman Pat!

people would just laugh.

I would like a real loud one, any suggestions?

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post

people would just laugh.

One of these.

http://www.pbmissions.com/
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Wow the train horns look pretty loud, bit out my price range

Try this one on eBay it's compact no external air source needed jus plug and play fitment and it's 130db which is pretty loud type stebel nautilus on YouTube,
          Or check out this item number on eBay 380384214547 obviously find a 12v one now I've found the answer to my question

Comment

Any car horn you see on the shelves in Halfords will be OK.

Comment

i went to the scrappy and got 2 sets of horns from a 95 bmw,

you get a high and low horn with 2 of each it sounds a hell of a lot better than stock...

Comment

Just changed mine for MOT and noticed that both the old one and the new one were made in Italy......Must be something in that?

Now you'd think an Italian car horn would be a good piece of kit as they are world leaders in honking. But no, sounded more of a squeak than a honk. So I swapped the biggest horn from the old one for the smallest from the new one.

Sounds better but still pretty rubbish. Think I'll get me one of those train horns!!

Comment

I have a Halfords horn brand new in packaging you can have for the cost of posting it.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post

people would just laugh.

Hey John. How are you, mate?..........I've been looking for a pair of these, but can't find them for sale. They're pretty beefy, and quite compact, cause they don't require a seperate compressor...........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBehBaS7VU
                    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

That's a nice sound there is a website you can buy from in the description, but it's from the phillipines also there 110db the one I got yesterday is 130db I jus wanna make sure the cyclist in my lane instead of his can hear me lol

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                        Hey John. How are you, mate?..........I've been looking for a pair of these, but can't find them for sale. They're pretty beefy, and quite compact, cause they don't require a seperate compressor...........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBehBaS7VU
                        I'm doing alright Mick. I'm not driving much at the mo because the traffic po-lice are on strike and everbody is driving around more pi$$ed than normal.
                        But a big hooter is definitely on my buy list in the New Year.

(edit: hooter for the truck, I already have a big nose)

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
                        X