removing fan shroud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing fan shroud

Am i missing something? Wanted to replace silicon oil today. First step was to remove top fan shroud. I could remove 5 bolts but another was low down on the near side. Couldnt reach it. Does all the pipework need to be taken out? Maybe i am missing something obvious?

I expected to whip it off in 2 mins.

Also i did the temp gauge mod yesterday and its gteat. Hasnt gone past mid way. I rexkon my fan is soing its job. Any point in doing the viscous fan repair/mod?
    92 Manual, 93 auto, 03 Dual Cab, 95 Single Cab

The bolt you couln't reach is it the one under the steel radiator pipe on the side?
    Just remove the battery on that side to get at it, or lift that pipe up off it's mounting. No need to disconnect any hoses.

Comment

Thanks vince. I will try that tomorrow. Do you think its worth doing if i am not having any overheating? And i can hear the fan when accelarating

Comment

Originally posted by Big_ben View Post
        Thanks vince. I will try that tomorrow. Do you think its worth doing if i am not having any overheating? And i can hear the fan when accelarating

If it's stiff to turn when cold then leave it.

Comment

Its all relative... But i can feel some resistance when turning it by hand. I will leave it for now so. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X