No announcement yet.

Awesome 1UZ-FE twin turbo MK1 Capri.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That charge carrier work is a thing of massive beauty.

Love it, good find Vince!

You say that is on stock internals? I take it that is one of the earlier ones with the chunkier rods?

Edit: must read all replys before posting!
    Last edited by Karma Supra; 19 December 2011, 14:15.
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
      That charge carrier work is a thing of massive beauty.

Love it, good find Vince!

You say that is on stock internals? I take it that is one of the earlier ones with the chunkier rods?

Edit: must read all replys before posting!
      Yep, stock rods, crank, heads, bore & stroke and cams, with a little porting on the heads.
      Upgraded pistons though.
      Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 19 December 2011, 14:21.

Comment

What V8 motor did the original Capri's have as a standard fit? I think it was known as the Capri Perana.
        Also found this article;
        The Ford Capri was CKD-assembled in South Africa by the FORD Plant in Port Elizabeth. During the early 1970's a FORD dealership run by Basil Green sold his converted performance FORD Capri, Cortina, and Granada products with full factory approval.
        In this case the Capri 3000 XL was taken new and had a V8-302 cid transplanted complete with the "Cobra" box out of the Mustang and a few go-faster items like hot-cam, revised radiator, 9" LSD differential, etc.! The interior - ordered in Black had a Black headlining, and BG-Steering wheel, while the exterior was treated to Perana body stripes, chromed Rostyles, rear Louvre, Racing mirror, and the car was totally repainted in either Yellow or Peri-Peri Red. It also had the BG-Tag under-bonnet, a "hidden" BG production tag and all corresponded with the FoMoCo build-tag.
        These cars enjoyed "icon" status in SA at racetracks around the country, and over the years have been recognised as being highly collectable internationally as only 500 examples of the CAPRI were ever built.
        Last edited by Surf01; 19 December 2011, 16:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
          What V8 motor did the original Capri's have as a standard fit? I think it was known as the Capri Perana.
          According to Mr Wikipedia it didn't have a V8, only a V6. (In UK/Europe)
          Although it did come with a 5.0L V8 in the US and a Ford "Windsor Engine" in South Africa (500 units according to Lord Wiki).

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Yep, stock rods, crank, heads, bore & stroke and cams, with a little porting on the heads.
            Upgraded pistons though.

That is awesome... the 1UZ is a true masterpiece, I have heard that that the heads are a little restrictive, then again it is an "fe" not a "ge" (A bit of Toyota engine design Geekery )

It amazes me how well Toyota engines from that era could be pushed and still work. There is a chap in NZ called Kyle that is probably the worlds no1 1G-GTE tuner. He had a ke-70 estate running 9s from his stock internalled 1G (YouTube 6boost ke-70). Nice chap too, machined me up some lovely vernier cam gears... they were almost too beautiful to fit!
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
              That is awesome... the 1UZ is a true masterpiece, I have heard that that the heads are a little restrictive, then again it is an "fe" not a "ge" (A bit of Toyota engine design Geekery )
              It's mainly the lower section of the inlet manifold that is the restriction. If the runners were straighter or more of a gentle curve, then the engine would produce more torque and throughout the whole rev range.

Comment

After the latest bit of tweaking....
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YK2in18bJs
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVdgVSUMNV0

Comment

Working...
                X