Rear Window Switch ;(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window Switch ;(

After fitting in the last of my led interior lights , I thought I would fit my new cb radio, after struggling removing the dash to get the old and now redundant cubby hole out from below the radio I have made up a new slot-in section for the cb and run the aerial lead out and under the centre console to connect with the swr meter under the driver's seat.

All good so far the "twig" is a Midlands mag mount which I have modded to allow me to bolt on to the top bracket for the rear wheel carrier.

Still good , cables all routed out of harms way and when the aerial is not being used it detaches and fits nicely in the boot and the mic can fit in the glove box.

Soo my question is after pratting around for a good half hour trying to get the rear window to go up on the switch as opposed to the using the key which involved taking out the centre console ,checking the switch ,checking the voltage at the switch ,finding the window goes up and down if the switch contacts are shorted;

How come I have that frickin' annoying door chime to tell me the keys are in the ignition but NO alarm to tell me the WINDOW LOCK IS ON!!!!!!!!
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
    After fitting in the last of my led interior lights , I thought I would fit my new cb radio, after struggling removing the dash to get the old and now redundant cubby hole out from below the radio I have made up a new slot-in section for the cb and run the aerial lead out and under the centre console to connect with the swr meter under the driver's seat.

All good so far the "twig" is a Midlands mag mount which I have modded to allow me to bolt on to the top bracket for the rear wheel carrier.

Still good , cables all routed out of harms way and when the aerial is not being used it detaches and fits nicely in the boot and the mic can fit in the glove box.

Soo my question is after pratting around for a good half hour trying to get the rear window to go up on the switch as opposed to the using the key which involved taking out the centre console ,checking the switch ,checking the voltage at the switch ,finding the window goes up and down if the switch contacts are shorted;

How come I have that frickin' annoying door chime to tell me the keys are in the ignition but NO alarm to tell me the WINDOW LOCK IS ON!!!!!!!!
    Haha, my word do I know that feeling well! Had me baffled for a good 30 mins :P

Comment

doh

Originally posted by DMAudio View Post
      Haha, my word do I know that feeling well! Had me baffled for a good 30 mins :P
      been there done that

Comment

Me too! ya always assume the worst, that it's broke
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Me too! ya always assume the worst, that it's broke
          Yep afraid so that was what I was thinking,do I get used Toyota one or do I frick around trying to get a aftermarket item one to fit?
          On the upside at least I now know that the switch should be illuminated and I have somewhere else to use one of the remaining 99 leds I have left
          (not quite brave enough yet to try and copy one of your heater light mods)
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
          X