yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailer'd a Landrover home y/day.. pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer'd a Landrover home y/day.. pics.

Had a trip down to Sth Wales y/day to pick up a Landrover with my mate. He's bought this 90 that had been rolled and Cat C'd for £1350. I've towed a lot before but never another vehicle so was nervous about it but also looking forward to it.
    When i asked the fella if he'd done it off roading, he said "no, i did it towing that trailer and van over there" to which i looked at my truck thinking "oh no!"
    I told my mate though that if anything similar to that of his new nail happened to my truck on the way home that we will be having serious words!

The only thing i noticed different to normal driving was the extra weight, the driving characteristics were exactly the same. The Surf didn't bat an eye lid all the way home (4 hrs) I kept forgetting i'd got it on, easily (and safely) overtaking on motorway etc, keeping to a steady 60mph.

The other thing was the clearance on the back of the trailer, i should have a drop plate fitted to my tow bar because of all the lift, but can't be arsed as i don't really tow often, if at all. Was a very funny angle!

We got home safe, unloaded the nail and trailer, and i came home, even more impressed with my beloved Surf than before.. One of the best motors i've ever had.

www.vidamusic.co.uk

For sure thats too much rake in my opinion, the back axle and hitch will be complaining.

Comment

Good job, but I'm surprised you didn't get pulled for the nose height of the trailer. Did it have the locking type hitch?
      I would get a drop plate on there anyway.

Comment

Yeah i did get pulled on the way to the pick up. Just spot checks in a lay by. But the Welsh Police are amazing, nothing like Derbyshire Police who would be sniffing round everything asking condescending questions.. No, all they did was check tax, asked my name (so they'd checked ins/dvla) and dipped for Red diesel. Most of it was chatting about off roading. He even asked who's trailer it was as the number plates don't match! Never advised me to change it or said anything re the plates being diff.

Yeah, for sure, if i tow anything again, i'll get a plate fitted on it. Had no issues whatsoever though with the drive, braking or anything. No wobble or wandering on the trailer at all, i suppose that's credit to the trailer though.
        www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

that wasn't the one on ebay was it from wrexham and registered as agricultal use was it
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            that wasn't the one on ebay was it from wrexham and registered as agricultal use was it
            Dunno Rich, can't remember exactly where we were, south of Pontypool so i don't think so...
            www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Look how bad that rear quarter has got on my Surf too! Grrrrr
              www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Nice Job Rich, I towed a 3rd gen from Cambridgeshire down to our Maestro (Tony N) at Basingstoke. I wouldn't go anywhere without one of these ....
                http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=243&vid=1141

10+ Years of Surfs .... My Yota is faultless to a " T "
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Good job mate ive done recovery for a while now.

What ive experienced its all drivers error from loading right to it snaking.

I have a £ 3000 trailer and have still managed to slap it behind me.

How much diesel did you use

Comment

Bet you didn't need to use ramps to get the gland rover on that trailer
                    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                    X