• Show
Clear All

• Go Pro doncha know

Anyone here got a Go Pro HD camera?

Are they what everyone says they are?

Does it make toast?

I think I want one.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

I don't myself, but I've got a lot of mates with them. They're quite popular among surfers (the other type) because you can stick them on the nose of your board and take vanity pictures/footage of yourself surfing.

Personally I'm not a fan - the shots/footage get a bit samey pretty quickly.

Comment

Yip I have one... the footage is quite good, there in a newer version out thats meant to be better..
      Pros - small, good selection of enclosures fully waterproof
      Cons - better video from small pocket cameras

Also when you use the waterproof enclosure buy lots of the anti fog strips without the camera image will fog up in 10 min due to condensation inside the case.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

I was under the impression that the HD video was top class.
        Are they worth the money do you think? or should I buy a decentish camera.
        I'm not an extreme sport freak but I like outdoorsy type stuff.

Comment

I went for a Drift X170, they do a HD one too. The reasons i went for that over the go pro were. The drift has a remote control and the none hd one takes battery's you can buy as opposed to having to find a plug socket to charge the thing. Cant see any difference in the quality between the two. Had no problems with it, took the full force of a typhoon on the hi van pass and never leaked.

Comment

The Drift and the original GoPro use the same chipset hence they will produce footage that is identical, there is a new GoPro out and its better but i still think a smallish pocket cam will produce better video.
            The Drift and Go Pro strength is that they are dedicated action cameras with the mounts and housings etc

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
              The Drift and the original GoPro use the same chipset hence they will produce footage that is identical, there is a new GoPro out and its better but i still think a smallish pocket cam will produce better video.
              The Drift and Go Pro strength is that they are dedicated action cameras with the mounts and housings etc
              Are there and good multi fixings out there for the normal (6mm?) tripod fixing on ordinary cameras?

Comment

Not really, GoPro strength is in its variety of underwater housings and clamps, suctions cups, mounts etc letting you attach it anywhere. Its an action camera.

The best you can do with a conventional camera is a gorilla pod and try to buy an after market expensive waterproof housing, if you can find one that is.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
                X