No announcement yet.

firtst timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi fella, looks like yours is the same model as mine. Bit worrying about the vin tag though, i got my paint matched off the tag and it's spot on. The orange light shouldn't come on whilst normal driving, only if there is a fault i think.
    When the weather warms up i am replacing my front bumper and may have a drivers side corner in fair condition going spare if you need one.
    Welcome and hope you enjoy yours as much as i enjoy mine!
    Merry Christmas
    Dazza
    Non consternationes.

Comment

sounds good m8 the bumper isnt in bad condition but corners are knackered the driver door is also gone at the bottom i was going to refabricate the the bottom of the doors ,cut the rot out and weld in new sheet metal ect , as for the vin plate i have traced the original garage that imported it in 2003 through old paperwork that came with it so ill give them a call and find out what the deal is also the first owner that had it in the uk is on the service booklet ,

is there any pics of yours on here m8?

Comment

Hi, if you click on my user name there is a couple of pics in an album from the summer. As for the doors, there are quite a few breakers on here that are very reasonably priced and if you can get the paint code you're sorted. I fitted a new front lower panel and roof spoiler sprayed with rattle cans and the colour match is spot on.
        Non consternationes.

Comment

The paint code looks like 6J7 to me from your photos.

"Forest Green Metallic" if you look at the posh name for it.
          Or just plain old "Toyota Metallic Green" if you get it from Halfords!

Comment

cheers guys ill try halfords ,i take it ill need to clear coat over the halfords stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by alexgrfc View Post
              cheers guys ill try halfords ,i take it ill need to clear coat over the halfords stuff?
              Yeah. I used a grey primer underneath it too but I reckon animal would be the guy to ask since he does that kinda thing for a living.

Certainly looks ok from a colour point of view. Slightly lacking in perhaps the professional touch (!) cos we had a bit of a dust problem from my nearby landfill site while I was doing it and didn't realise how bad it would be when it settled on the paint/varnish while it was still wet.

Comment

I`ve seen quite a few imports missing the vin plate now, apparently it`s quite common. I think the vin number is also stamped into the chassis on the offside front.

Comment

cheers that makes me feel a bit better lol il have a look tomorrow

Comment

Hi n Welcome enjoy ya stay n ya Truck Alex

10+ Years of Surfs .... My Yota is faultless to a " T "
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

The bulkhead vin plates are only riveted on, one of mine came away one side the rivet broke off another came off completely. I didn't notice until the MoT, the tester used the one on on the chassis under the O/S front wheel arch. I mentioned it to my mate at work and he said he's found a vin plate a while before and put it on a shelf in the work shop, turned out to be mine which was a result.

You can get a new vin plate from Toyota.

Or from here http://www.vin-plate.co.uk/ but you have to get it stamped, or here http://www.vintagsuk.com/ they'll put the numbers on too, you can get the information for the rest of the details from Toyota if you contact them with your chassis number.

<--- Edit: Ooh 500th post, do I get a cookie? Bit slow for over six years on here.
                      Last edited by Dodge; 18 December 2011, 17:36.

Comment

Working...
                      X