It's Confession time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Confession time

I have to own up to having just ordered one of these.

With having no off roading sorted for over the Christmas and New Year break, I've decided it's time to give the truck a make over, and get all those niggling little jobs done that I keep putting off.

I've also got one or two "slight" mod's planned so it will be easier to work on a clean truck and not have half of Wales and Salisbury dropping everywhere.

I have one like this-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110W-ELECT...#ht_1329wt_989

-which I have hardly used. £10 anyone?
    Mark
    Last edited by markp2; 14 December 2011, 19:23. Reason: Punctuation

Comment

I dont do cleaning cars, come to think of it i don't do cleaning of very much at all

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post

With having no off roading sorted for over the Christmas and New Year break, I've decided it's time to give the truck a make over, and get all those niggling little jobs done that I keep putting off.

I've also got one or two "slight" mod's planned so it will be easier to work on a clean truck and not have half of Wales and Salisbury dropping everywhere.
        Excellent, you know it makes sense.
        A clean truck is a happy truck.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Excellent, you know it makes sense.
          A clean truck is a happy truck.
          I'll second that.

Reminds me;
          Must take my wheels off & give them a damn good buffing, it's been over a year since they were put on.

Still mint though.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Did you buy a choice of pads to go on it, aswell as a few polishes?

I haven't started on my surf yet. but am a keen detailer when it comes to our nighthawk black civic.

If you haven't done so already, have a look at detailing world forum. Some really nice examples of what you can achieve

Comment

An angle grinder with a shower cap on!

Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                An angle grinder with a shower cap on!
                Nearly wet myself when I read that... nice 1 !

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post

You need to be really careful with those when using them as many people have had to have a re-spray afterwards. Apparently it can cause burn marks on the paintwork which is why you never see valets using them.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
                    You need to be really careful with those when using them as many people have had to have a re-spray afterwards. Apparently it can cause burn marks on the paintwork which is why you never see valets using them.
                    What do the valets use then?, I quite liked the idea of a machine doing some of the hard work.
                    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                      What do the valets use then?, I quite liked the idea of a machine doing some of the hard work.
                      So did I as I don't like physical activity until I was advised by a professional valet of the pitfalls. You need to be really careful in case the old polish heats up and creates a burn. This can happen very quickly if you leave it on one spot for a bit longer than necessary as it will get very hot in that one spot. apparently on some machines very difficult to control the speed.
                      The valet in question does everything by hand as it gives a better finish. Rather than take my word for it check other car forums etc.

Comment

being a smart repairer i use a machine polisher all the time for polishing repairs and full mops ,
                        you can easily burn the paint if not careful but also when your used to it you can achive an excellent finish ,
                        all you have to remember is to not use the polisher too often , as each time you use it with a cutting paste you are removing a microscopic layer of the clearcoat . So eventually you could end up polishing all your clearcoat off .
                        my best advise to you is to use plenty of water when polishing as it helps keep the panel cooler and lubricates to surface so you get a much better finish .

most valeters use polishers but they use random orbital polishers rather than rotary type as rotary type polishers can cause swirl marks .

animal
                        PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

My father always told me that is important to look after the car to keep it clean coz the rust easily can affect the metallic carcass. Especially if you use to drive on the mud is important to wash a car once a week paying maximum attention to wheels arches and door bottom. It's hard to confession if have cared after your vehicle. Here rawconfessions.com you can share your stories and truly describe your problem

Comment

Working...
                          X