Bushido?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushido?

The front number plate on our Surf has "Bushido" on it which is different to the one on the back number plate which has BMS on it. I assume BMS is or was a dealer.
    As per another post;
    "It is also a requirement that the organisation who made up the plate show their name and postcode on the plate to aid tracing of the production of false plates and of the individual who purchased the plate. This is normally shown in the centre at the bottom of the plate. This was introduced in 2001 when the new character style and two digit year identifier came into force, but applies to all registration plates made up after that date regardless of the year of the vehicle."
    I have a 2011 vehicle which only shows the name of the car dealer who is part of a national chain and with no postcode. Technically I suppose with both cars I am breaking the law and the vehicles would fail a MOT.

Not sure if thats an MOT fail or not, but I suppose it is breaking the law. As my newest vehicle is a year 2000 all this stuff about names and postcodes would only affect me if I got new plates made. However If I was ever to get new plates made, I would just get "show plates" from ebay. With the proper font and spacing its going to take a really serious jobsworth to make a fuss about it.
    I cant see any reason why it would matter a jot if the front and back plates were made by different establishments either as long as they had the name and postcode on.
    I did try to get a plate made for my trailer once at Halfords and gave up after they asked for my phone number. Apparently their computer system cant complete the process unless they enter a phone number ( which AFAIK they have no legal right to). I told the guy I didnt have a phone and offered him a made up number. He wasnt happy with that so I had to leave without plate.
    Сви можемо

Comment

I normally give them a mobile phone number as our mobiles do nto work where we live. Hehehe!

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushido

Comment

It's Vinces Japanese martial arts warrior alter ego!..............
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
          X