X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another tyre question ...

Will 33/12/15 fit regular 15" surf alloys, I currently have 31/10.5/15

Thanks in advance.

Already got a lift 1.5" body and 2" sus so that's not a problem.

Originally posted by Balllsy View Post
    Will 33/12/15 fit regular 15" surf alloys, I currently have 31/10.5/15

Thanks in advance.

Already got a lift 1.5" body and 2" sus so that's not a problem.

Hey Carl. Physically, the tyre will fit, but your rim will only be 7" wide. That's a bit narrow for a 12.5" tyre. Most would put those tyres on an 8", or 10" rim. also, there may be a clearance issue on full lock, without sufficient back spacing
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Some kind person said to me..... 8" min, or it will drive like you have satellite delay on the steering!

Made me chuckle.

Comment

The tyre manufacturer states minimum rim width sizes, and I've seen this information being 8" for the 12.5 x 33's I've looked at. Although I have seen a 12.5" x 31" on a 7" rim and it looked smart, although people on this forum gasped and went about how the tyre is ready to pop off the rim.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=69903

As Mick says you'll need wheel spacers and an intuitive 6th sense to turn a second earlier into corners...
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Thanks for all your replies guys, so I would still need wheel spacers even with a lift ?

I'm going to wait til after christmas to get some deep dish 10" wide wheels like these and get 33" tyres fitted at the same time.

Comment

Thanks for all your replies guys, so I would still need wheel spacers even with a lift ?

I'm going to wait til after christmas to get some deep dish 10" wide wheels like these and get 33" tyres fitted at the same time.
              Yep, they'll rub on full lock - the lift has nothing to do with the rubbing...

Got mine from JCS, they came the next day. V Good service.
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Thanks for the help and good advice. I'll be sure to order a pair of spacers from Roughtrax when I order my wheels

Comment

Oi, stop spending that Morocco/Lexurf money!

Comment

LOL my lexurf money is safe, the new wheels etc are part n parcel of the lexurf conversion.

No point putting pure gold in mud is there

Comment

Working...
                    X