Just bought my first hilux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my first hilux

Just bought my first hilux, its a 1992 2.4 auto. I love it.
    Bought it mainly to get me thru the winter but think i might be keeping it alot longer now iv got it home, its a beast!
    Its standard atm but might look to do a few mods, big tyres and maybe a lift kit etc...
    Is it a big job fitting a lift kit or can it be done at home??
    Cheers,
    Jim

Originally posted by Jbraderz View Post
    Bought it mainly to get me thru the winter but think i might be keeping it alot longer now iv got it home, its a beast!
    Its standard atm but might look to do a few mods, big tyres and maybe a lift kit etc...
    Cheers,
    Jim
    Hi there & welcome to Surfland!

Assuming that you're a sensible and half capable home mechanic you should be able to do most jobs on a Surf yourself as long as you're patient and do a bit of research before you start on a job.

A suspension lift is easy enough to do on your own, use the search button above to find out how to do it, etc.

If you haven't done a body lift before it's definitely helpful to have either seen one done or have someone handy who has done them in the past (at least that's how I felt at the time - in hindsight I could've easily done it on my own if I'd been a bit more confident about it).

Those are definitely a couple of jobs to consider doing before you get bigger tyres (I assume you mean 33s for extra lift). Also, it's worth checking your gearing to see if the truck will struggle with 33s or not.

Once you've hung around a while and had a bit of a rummage through the vast amount of info on the forum you'll see what's what.

The first thing you probably need to be thinking about doing is just a general thorough service (new engine oil, coolant flush through, filters, etc) so that it's tip top for the winter.

Good luck with Surf ownership!

Comment

HI

Comment

Wot Rustinho said plus welcome
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

welcome to the loon bin

put a v8 in it - never mind the service on the stinky diesel lump

Comment

Hi! Best go get it muddy and give us a couple of pics!
            Still Can't believe I own a Hilux

Comment

Originally posted by Jbraderz View Post
              Cheers,
              Jim
              Welcome Jim. Loads of useful info to be had on here............Cheers....Mick .
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

James,how do and welcome.

If you are in the High Peak area,any idea who owns what looks like an off road play area,about 5 miles from Tissington,on the A 515 heading towards Buxton,near Allsop en le Dale,looks as if it may be o.k.,Alan

Comment

welcome dude
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                  X