Clear All

Here's a video of the filler neck
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9FZ...e_gdata_player

What's your opinions
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
      I'm really not so sure about that .
      I've just filled the system up with water , the whole in the rad is quite big and looks to me like a stone has hit the fins .
      I ran it up till warm and there is absolutely no bubbling in the system , no steam etc out the exhaust but the water is pouring out the hole. Im just waiting for the video to upload to YouTube then ill post it here but correct me if I'm wrong but if my head was cracked I would have exhaust gasses bubbling up through the filler neck?
      I think the bubbling would depend on how big the crack in the head is. A big crack would almost certainly cause bubbling, a tiny crack might not.

Comment

thats why im not 100% sure
        but i have no other signs of any other problems .
        no white smoke/steam
        no loss of power
        starts perfectly as normal
        no bubbling in water system
        no water in oil
        no temperature rising above middle of guage
        heaters working normal

the only problem is the water pishing out the hole in the rad

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
          thats why im not 100% sure
          but i have no other signs of any other problems .
          no white smoke/steam
          no loss of power
          starts perfectly as normal
          no bubbling in water system
          no water in oil
          no temperature rising above middle of guage
          heaters working normal

the only problem is the water pishing out the hole in the rad
          For what it's worth I think you're probably right but you won't know for sure until you get a new rad in and run it for a while...

How much are those sniffer test kits again?!

Comment

You won't always see bubbles with a cracked head, but if you wern't topping it up before rad blew, and it didn't over heat after then there is no reason to suspect it.

Although when a head goes the pressure often splits the seams on a weak rad, or split old hoses.

But it's a 2.4, you must be used to the paranoia by now...

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

deffo no signature bubbling or foaming there mate, fingers crossed you're okay when the new rads in.
              I'm in your neck o' the woods wed - if you're around (ie in when I pass) I'll have a good gawp, look and point, and generally make sympathetic sounds.
              Then we can compare front diffs again....
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

yup lol
                i wasnt paranoid about this until some people starting mentioning cracked heads lol
                as i said originally the head was replaced 6 months before i bought the truck just over 2 years ago .

as soon as i get the rad off tintin ill fit it and give it a good run .
                no it hasnt overheated at all and i probably have to put a cup full of water in it every 6 months or so

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                  deffo no signature bubbling or foaming there mate, fingers crossed you're okay when the new rads in.
                  I'm in your neck o' the woods wed - if you're around (ie in when I pass) I'll have a good gawp, look and point, and generally make sympathetic sounds.
                  Then we can compare front diffs again....
                  no worries mate , icant think whwere im working wednesday but i think its local

Comment

Working...
                  X