Mobile cb radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile cb radio

Anybody got a CB radio small enough to fit under the ashtray panel ?

Got one off eblag but it went back as it was a bag of sh1te.

OR

Any suggestions as to a good make to get that you could recommend ?
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

4x4cb in Dorking do stuff. Mine is small enough to fit under the ash tray but is under a pile of bits in the cellar and can't remember the name....of to check.

Ahhh.... Maxon. Here is the link.

http://www.4x4cb.com/public/page.cfm?Page=650
    .... Which was nice.

Comment

I've got a Midland 78+ fitted as a replacement to the ash tray. Fits in perfectly. Well, it needed a bit of trimming but nowt major. And when I say fitted, it's in there but not completely wired up yet. On my "to-do list".

Comment

The Midland 77 series are tiny and will easy fit around the ashtray area, old radios now like but from a good manufacturer, mine works ace

Comment

Call the number at the top of this page

http://www.truckersnet.org.uk/

Speak to Toby, tell him you're from HLS, he will do you a good deal, with free help, advice and afterservice!

Alan
          www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

I'd like a CB, but does anyone use them? I was then looking at handhelds and got very overwhelmed I gave up.

Let me know how it goes?
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              I'd like a CB, but does anyone use them? I was then looking at handhelds and got very overwhelmed I gave up.

Let me know how it goes?
              I have a spare that i may want to sell/deal/swap it's a TTI TCB-770 multi band unit. It's quite small if you google it you can read up on it.
              I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post

Let me know how it goes?
                Makes a hell of a difference if your in a group doing some laning, brilliant for keeping everyone heading in the same direction and alerting people to potential problems, plus you can have a bit of banter with folk which add`s to a day I find

I only use mine for laning really, did have it switched onto channel 19 the rest of the time but got tired of listening to idiots arguing so it`s switched off most of the time now.

Not sure how good a handheld would be, they have a shorter range anyway before you try to use them from inside a steel box. also not sure on legality's, I may be corrected here but I think it`s ok to use a CB whilst driving so long as it is mounted to the vehicle, handhelds would fall under the same category as a mobile phone I would have thought.

Comment

I elected for the £70 'Awareness' course rather than a fine & points, after being nicked for using my mobile in a traffic hold up.
                  The course made it quite clear that using any hand-held comms device whilst driving - a fist mic in the case of CB - is a bustable offence.
                  Exceptions are the emergency services.
                  If you get caught, expect the same penalty as for mobile phone use.
                  The same applies to a satnav that is not on a fixed mount.
                  If you are observed using any kind of on board techno wizzardry and are deemed to be not in control of your vehicle, the same bust applies.
                  Food for thought when it comes to using dash mounted on board computer type kit that is fitted to cars that are out of my budget range.

Just repeating what we were told on the course.

Comment

Got a bargain off of Eblag Danita uk/eu cb plus two mag mounts , swr meter and a swr/tune meter , plug in speaker and brackets

£28.10 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2307128355...#ht_500wt_1413

Fitted to my van today for my trip down Heathrow,(I originally decided to get one for green laning ) but couldn't wait to give it a try.

My god it is quiet out there!! apart from two old boys whingin' on about toothache and some French bird blathering on , nothing zip .Not as I imagined it would be.
                    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                    X