Replacement Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Seats

I've seen a few threads about refurbing seats.
    But I think the foam and/or springs in mine has died.
    They are quite uncomfortable.
    It's a 3rd gen.

I know that Recaros are available, but hard to find.

I wonder - do landcruiser seats of any vintage fit?
    Is it possible to take my seats apart and rebuild them with memory foam or something.

Is there any simple way to fit heating elements at the same time?

Has anyone done it?
    Cheers.

I had a memory foam pillow.

Look what it did to my hair...

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Desperate Dan !

Comment

Funny that I have a 3rd Gen and the drivers seat is beginning to do the same... I was going to try and get another seat from a breaker and put my covers on it (I have the darker seats and I doubt I'll find a breaker to match!)
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Y'all must be lard arses, both my 3rd gens have comfortable seats!

Comment

Mine was fine when I owned it first time!

I think it is caused by people sliding on and out and knackering the bolstery bit of the base...
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Seats

Originally posted by Mork View Post
              I've seen a few threads about refurbing seats.
              But I think the foam and/or springs in mine has died.
              They are quite uncomfortable.
              It's a 3rd gen.

I know that Recaros are available, but hard to find.

I wonder - do landcruiser seats of any vintage fit?
              Is it possible to take my seats apart and rebuild them with memory foam or something.

Is there any simple way to fit heating elements at the same time?

Has anyone done it?
              Cheers.
              On the gen2 the squabs are interchangeable from one side to the other,take the seat out of the vehicle and four bolts,then just swap them over,jobs a good one,although it does mean the passenger seat then becomes a bit iffy,can you not do the same with your gen 3??

Comment

A lot of the hilux users fit saab seats but i do't know how much modification is needed
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

As suggested above, I`ve replaced worn drivers seat squab`s with second hand passenger seat unit`s on lots of cars previously with good success. Never done a surf but in other makes they are either the same part or very similar.

Had it been a 2nd gen I would have suggested replacing the drivers seat with an upturned bucket, from a comfort point of view it would have far exceeded the standard seat

Comment

Originally posted by JD_975 View Post
                    Had it been a 2nd gen I would have suggested replacing the drivers seat with an upturned bucket, from a comfort point of view it would have far exceeded the standard seat
                    Strange comment. My 2nd gen is the 2nd comfiest vehicle I've ever owned (the Lexus is comfier).
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      Strange comment. My 2nd gen is the 2nd comfiest vehicle I've ever owned (the Lexus is comfier).
                      Might be just me, my back hammers if I have to use the surf for a long trip, looking to maybe replace the front seats with some old recaros next year.

Comment

Just replaced my squishy Gen 2 seats with a couple of Celica Gen7 Seats. Just had to cut the feet off of both and weld the original feet to the Celica seats. Not a bad job, and sooo comfy on tyhe longer drives.

Comment

My driver's seat in my 3rd gen is also worn out, namely the outside side bolster is "floppy" from people getting in and out, and the bottom cushion feels worn out. I'll be looking for replacements after Christmas as it bothers my back on long trips.
                          '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

My 3rd gen drivers seat is also completely worn out, metal poking my rib's!
                            I might try the idea to use the passenger side seat foam to rebuild it as the cover is quite good still.

For a big 4x4 truck the seats really are shite though.

Comment

I haven't fitted my Gen 7 Celica seats yet, although I have the feeling someone else has got designs on them...

Comment

Working...
                              X