Firing on two!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firing on two!

After all the cold start problems i've had with my truck i've put her in a garage to have the fuel injector pump changed and some recon injectors, now the mechanic just told me its only firing on two cylinders and its either the pump or the injectors........###### gutted I really hope its not the pump as along with the garage bill I cant afford another one

I hope he put the injector pipes on correctly. It wouldn't suddenly stop firing on two cylinders after a pump change.

I've stripped a 2.4's fuel pump down just see how they 'tick' and it's pretty basic inside and there's nothing to 'break' to make it only pump out of two of the four ports.

Comment

Hi Vince,
      The injectors Sally has were the ones i got from yourself. They were never fitted after i had them sonically cleaned. The pump came from my old 2.4, It was removed due to the inner side plate seal leaking, i swapped the pump over and replaced the seals in the original pump, since then it has been kept sealed in a box on a shelf.
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
        Hi Vince,
        The injectors Sally has were the ones i got from yourself. They were never fitted after i had them sonically cleaned. The pump came from my old 2.4, It was removed due to the inner side plate seal leaking, i swapped the pump over and replaced the seals in the original pump, since then it has been kept sealed in a box on a shelf.

I believe it's been connected up incorrectly. The injector pipes can be fitted to the wrong ports quite easily.

Comment

Cheers Guys I may sleep easier tonight I was really worried, Going to pop into garage on way to work and tell him what you said.

Comment

She's back running again, sooooo pleased Thanks for the pump Tony and all the advice Vince
            IT CAN SNOW NOW ********

Comment

What was wrong?
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I reckon the injector pipes were round the wrong way...
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

The injectors to 2 and 3 werent working swapped then for my old ones and she fired up ok

Comment

Working...
                  X