yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lawyer/environmental health wanted for advise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyer/environmental health wanted for advise?

Hello, Im after a bit of advice as we can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone.

We rent a 2 bed ground floor flat, and are having a lot of problems with the landlord/estate agents. firstly All of our windows have got large cracks around the window frames causeing nasty drafts (now its getting cold its a problem). all the estate agent says is we should mastik it up :S this doesnt seem like a fix?

secondly our drains don't clear properly, glugs alots and the kitchen sink fills itself when you use the washing machine - answer - all drains do that?

thirdly - there are alot of damp issues - answer it your fault so you sort it? its making my son ill and we have done everything we can afford to do.

citizens advice have said go to environmental health but we wanted to see what legal rights we have.

the estate agent has said the landlord with just evict us if we do that? i didnt think that was legal, thought you needed a reason to evict someone?

thanks in advance
    Alan & Sam
    www.apmautos.com

Can't help you, but you're not the only one. Landlords/Property Agents here in Australia are a bunch of assholes. My place is falling apart around me and none of them care, but neglect to mow the lawn and they are on your case.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by bullet513 View Post
      Hello, Im after a bit of advice as we can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone.

We rent a 2 bed ground floor flat, and are having a lot of problems with the landlord/estate agents. firstly All of our windows have got large cracks around the window frames causeing nasty drafts (now its getting cold its a problem). all the estate agent says is we should mastik it up :S this doesnt seem like a fix?

secondly our drains don't clear properly, glugs alots and the kitchen sink fills itself when you use the washing machine - answer - all drains do that?

thirdly - there are alot of damp issues - answer it your fault so you sort it? its making my son ill and we have done everything we can afford to do.

citizens advice have said go to environmental health but we wanted to see what legal rights we have.

the estate agent has said the landlord with just evict us if we do that? i didnt think that was legal, thought you needed a reason to evict someone?

thanks in advance
      Alan & Sam
      Citizens advice bureau, if you are threatened with eviction for complaining,? they have a list of legal support people for this line of work
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

I`m a landlord, what you have been told is a load of crap.You have loads or rights that `im not going into on a forum, but they cannot evict you for going to Eh or CAB, they may make life difficult, but you have far more rights a s a tennant then they do as a landlord.

Citizens advice straight away, take the necessary action or move out mate.

Comment

Citizens Advice v Estate Agent and you listen to the Estate Agent ???

Suggest you get on to the Environmental Health pronto !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Cheers for all the advice so far, CA said to try and sort it with the land lord first, just wanted to check I wasn't being unreasonable and try and get an idea of the law before I start getting to involved, thanks again
            www.apmautos.com

Comment

i had a few problems with a landlord a couple of years ago,boiler not working properly, shower leaking threw kitchen light fitting,landlord was just bodging it up and not fixing it correctly,we got enviromental health involved and he had a certain ammount of time to sort it out and if he didnt e.h. would and charge the landlord,the same weekend landlord had plumbers out, got a brand new boiler and shower fitted, enviromental health is the way to go

Comment

Try THIS
                If you cant find anything useful join the forum and ask, had loads of useful advice of them

Comment

Yes, Environmental Health is a good first port of call.

In terms of the 'damp', is the argument that you've been given that it's condensation and caused by your lifestyle? If that's the case, that's the stock answer to people complaining of damp and is generally true. Is it black mould at high level, mostly on external walls and around windows or is it low down and causing paint to peel?

Comment

damp on external wall and all over them top to bottom, i know the roof of the block of flat is leaking (friendly with people on top floor) and from what ive read the water is likely to be running down the inside on the walls where the insulation is ment to be? and the mold is black and white :S
                    www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                      Can't help you, but you're not the only one. Landlords/Property Agents here in Australia are a bunch of assholes. My place is falling apart around me and none of them care, but neglect to mow the lawn and they are on your case.

Nev
                      Nev, long time no speak. Where abouts in Australia are you roughly?
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                        Nev, long time no speak. Where abouts in Australia are you roughly?
                        Queensland, about a half hour north of Brisbane.

Nev

Comment

Okay, I'll be the other side of the country from you next year in Perth.
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                          X