• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
    I'd quite like this:

Oops, silly me, I already own that.
    Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
      Bentleys are for people who feel that they have something to prove. I'll take the pedal plane, any day! come fly with me lets fly lets fly away ......
      Have fun

Comment

Some nice bikes there, not too expensive either.

Oh and Ziggy; grow up will you, once is funny.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
          Some nice bikes there, not too expensive either.

Oh and Ziggy; grow up will you, once is funny.

yes nice bikes Slobodan some go alot cheper that the estimate too.

sorry i cant help it

Comment

I think I'd probably go for the Lister tuned XJS. They should have put a manual box on the V12 in the stock version.

Comment

Originally posted by ziggy View Post
              Have fun

HOW DARE YOU, SIR! You , sir, are a cad, and a bounder, and my seconds will be in touch............
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

I'm aiming to beat whoever it was that compared everything to an Impreza and the famous 'boxer burble' (rattle, in everyone else's language).
                That aint gonna happen, Sanch.............You don't get hissy enough when we call you gay....................
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                  How do you store that wonderful specimen ? with all the salt on the roads do you keep it garaged, on axle stands, dust sheeted etc ? how do you store with battery disconnected ?
                  sorry to sound a pain but am really interested, and may have to 'store' a BMW2002 1974 model
                  It lives in a big warehouse in central London with about 50 other cars:

http://www.classiccarclub.co.uk/the_wheels.asp

I own the car and lend it to them as payment of my subscription. Other people drive it all the time, but that's what I think is best for it. They look after the insurance and maintenance costs and the contract stipulates that it comes back to me in the same condition they got it in.

If you've got a 2002 that you really do want to store, I think they'd happily take it on. To be honest, it's probably not got enough money in it for you to get a membership (and you'd have to live in London for that to be much use) but if it's in decent nick, they'd run it for you and I can probably talk them into giving you one of their day or night drives as a sweetener.

Comment

How do you store that wonderful specimen ? with all the salt on the roads do you keep it garaged, on axle stands, dust sheeted etc ? how do you store with battery disconnected ?
                    sorry to sound a pain but am really interested, and may have to 'store' a BMW2002 1974 model
                    Is that the 2002 with the round tail lights, that was my first car...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Always liked these.......
                      http://classiccars.brightwells.com/v...ls.php?id=2707

Comment

It lives in a big warehouse in central London with about 50 other cars:

http://www.classiccarclub.co.uk/the_wheels.asp

I own the car and lend it to them as payment of my subscription. Other people drive it all the time, but that's what I think is best for it. They look after the insurance and maintenance costs and the contract stipulates that it comes back to me in the same condition they got it in.

If you've got a 2002 that you really do want to store, I think they'd happily take it on. To be honest, it's probably not got enough money in it for you to get a membership (and you'd have to live in London for that to be much use) but if it's in decent nick, they'd run it for you and I can probably talk them into giving you one of their day or night drives as a sweetener.
                        Hi Sancho,

thanks for getting back to me, as you know my father died recently, however he is survived by his twin brother ( he lives in west ferry (canary wharf) and we are in the process of making sure his affairs are put straight etc He has a concourse (was in august anyway) BMW 2002 TII in orange with 66000kms on the clock we got it from new My sister was at RAF Gutersloh as a civvy contractor so she got the tax sorted etc suffice to say we would like to get the car into a more secure and well stored situation, I don't think it would be worth a lot although he did get an offer of 4k at Leeds castle earlier this year ( I bet that's more than the original purchase price nett of tax) so is it better on axle stands etc ?
                        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Hi Sancho,

thanks for getting back to me, as you know my father died recently, however he is survived by his twin brother ( he lives in west ferry (canary wharf) and we are in the process of making sure his affairs are put straight etc He has a concourse (was in august anyway) BMW 2002 TII in orange with 66000kms on the clock we got it from new My sister was at RAF Gutersloh as a civvy contractor so she got the tax sorted etc suffice to say we would like to get the car into a more secure and well stored situation, I don't think it would be worth a lot although he did get an offer of 4k at Leeds castle earlier this year ( I bet that's more than the original purchase price nett of tax) so is it better on axle stands etc ?
                          John, a 2002 TII is somewhere around £4k to £5k.

To be honest (although a bit biased), I think putting in a garage on axle stands is kind of pointless. It won't do it any good to just sit there and will be a bit of an albatross.

What I can definitely do is have a word with the chaps at the Car Club and see what they think. I would expect them to offer you three options:

1. Give them the car permanently and they will give you a year's membership (amount of points to be argued over) in exchange.

2. Loan them the car for their use on a rolling annual contract where they pay all the costs. You might get a very small membership or, more likely, be able to score a 'driving experience'.

3. Loan them the car for up to a year, where they maintain and run it but it is up sale the whole time. Quite often, the club members will buy club cars if they're available. They would probably sell it to a member who would leave it in the club for £4k or let you find a buyer at more and take a cut.

I suppose it depends on whether he wants to drive it, whether he wants the money from selling it or whether he just wants it kept safe because he doesn't want to part from it. Personally, I'd like to buy it, but I don't have that kind of money at the moment.

The club would just store it, but it would be very expensive.

Hope that helps, PM me if you want to get into details. A lot of the older club cars are stored out on the Island, so they can easily pop over for a look and a chat. If you (or he) know what he wants to happen (vaguely) to it, I have no problem going into the club and having a chat with them, then coming back with options.

Comment

Thanks Sancho, I will pm you when I get family off my back !
                            Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Apologies for the post hijack but...

I've always fancied getting an older Mercedes, not a rolling Museum piece but something that could still be used regularly, would not fall apart in a couple of years and would give a semi- respectable mileage (combined 30mpg -ish).

I've seem some W124 models that look like they might fit the bill and they are often described as 'the last of the bullet-proof mercedes' (which might be boolshit for all I know). I've seen a few that look to be in superb condition and with low mileage but often they appear to give less than 20mpg.
                              I've no idea whether the early model diesels are any good or whether LPG conversions are viable options (if that is not considered sacrilege).

Anyone (Sancho?) got any suggestions as to what might be a good model to look out for?

Comment

Originally posted by tavvi View Post
                                Apologies for the post hijack but...

I've always fancied getting an older Mercedes, not a rolling Museum piece but something that could still be used regularly, would not fall apart in a couple of years and would give a semi- respectable mileage (combined 30mpg -ish).

I've seem some W124 models that look like they might fit the bill and they are often described as 'the last of the bullet-proof mercedes' (which might be boolshit for all I know). I've seen a few that look to be in superb condition and with low mileage but often they appear to give less than 20mpg.
                                I've no idea whether the early model diesels are any good or whether LPG conversions are viable options (if that is not considered sacrilege).

Anyone (Sancho?) got any suggestions as to what might be a good model to look out for?
                                Not something I know much about, sorry. I'd personally go for a 123 over a 124. Just something to do with how solid the bodywork looks.

Comment

Working...
                                X