how to??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to??

i had being searching for a tread of what to remove, and how to, the aicon on the inside of my 2nd gen. and if doing that will cause same problem with ecu, or the heating (stop working). only i coud find the removal on the outside, rads, pump.
    can you tell please? any pics? thanks
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

You have to remove the passenger side lower dash, the small air con rad is in a plastic houseing there, some screws and clips if i remember right, i can look out some pics of when i did mine if it'll help
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      You have to remove the passenger side lower dash, the small air con rad is in a plastic houseing there, some screws and clips if i remember right, i can look out some pics of when i did mine if it'll help
      cool, thanks, please do. did it effect the heating when you removed the housing?
      i just found there is a circuit board under the ashtray for the aircon, if i remove that will it cause any problems?

Comment

anyone got more knowledge?? please!

Comment

did it effect the heating when you removed the housing?
          i just found there is a circuit board under the ashtray for the aircon, if i remove that will it cause any problems?[/QUOTE]

anyone? knows more about this? thanks

Comment

Popeye has given you all the info you need. It's a lot of work to lose a tiny bit of weight.

Comment

is not just for weight., the weight bit (outside) had done same time ago,
              but those bits inside is for space like the electric board under the ashtray as i don't know yet if i remove it will mess up something.
              appreciate popeye's info but i still don't know about the board bit.

Comment

The heat control is a cable straight to the valve on the bulkhead. Can't remember if there is 1 or 2 other cables to work the 'flaps'. Easiest way to find out is unplug the box and see what happens.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, what is the purpose for doing this? I assume that the Surf is not your daily driver, nor anything similar.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                    is not just for weight., the weight bit (outside) had done same time ago,
                    but those bits inside is for space like the electric board under the ashtray as i don't know yet if i remove it will mess up something.
                    appreciate popeye's info but i still don't know about the board bit.
                    sorry me ole mate, totally forgot to check on this post, i left the board in place as i wasn't sure what effect it'd have by removeing it, you actually dont gain much weight loss by removeing the small rad and theres not a lot you can do with the space it took up as it sits between the fan motor and the heater matrix, if you remove the caseing air from the fan cant get to the rest of the heated so i just left the caseing in place, dont forget to block the holes left in the firewall where the pipes went through,
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by POPEYE; 30 November 2011, 07:30.

Comment

Just thought id better add that the pics are for removeing the unit, i re-connected the wiring plugs you see there after removeing the rad, main reason i removed this rad (apart from the fact it no longer served any purpose) was i had visions of makeing an engine oil cooler out of it, never came to pass tho
                      Last edited by POPEYE; 30 November 2011, 08:15.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                        If you don't mind me asking, what is the purpose for doing this? I assume that the Surf is not your daily driver, nor anything similar.
                        is not about the weight is about install other things i use/need and i dont like to overload the looks of the inside. and yes daily driver, got a choice of other vehicle but not as appealing as the surf.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                          Just thought id better add that the pics are for removeing the unit, i re-connected the wiring plugs you see there after removeing the rad, main reason i removed this rad (apart from the fact it no longer served any purpose) was i had visions of makeing an engine oil cooler out of it, never came to pass tho
                          thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X