This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axle stand advice please

They seem very cheap to me but what is your verdict on them, before i hit the B.I.N button.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty...67003235522157

Thanks, Si.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Perfectly good for a Surf.

I use similar ones without issue.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
      They seem very cheap to me but what is your verdict on them, before i hit the B.I.N button.

Thanks, Si.
      they look poorly made to me not much of a pic to go on i bet the steel in the thread is crap, could you trust them to hold out i would not buy

Comment

Originally posted by ziggy View Post
        they look poorly made to me not much of a pic to go on i bet the steel in the thread is crap, could you trust them to hold out i would not buy
        Explain please

Also what thread are you on about?
        Last edited by yoshie; 28 November 2011, 00:11.
        Brian

Comment

Thanks, Si.

I use those to hold up Lexurfs.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            Explain please
            you get what you pay for cheap yes, cheap metal construction poor quality made in china maybe who knows. do you want your surf to fall on your head

Comment

I've got a set like that.

They don't really do much, but they hold up my vehicles OK.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

you get what you pay for cheap yes, cheap metal construction poor quality made in china maybe who knows. do you want your surf to fall on your head
                What are you on about? What quality checks on the steel do you suggest we carry out?
                Brian

Comment

What are you on about? What quality checks on the steel do you suggest we carry out?
                  lol who made them some guy in a shed in birmingham, go ahead buy them

Comment

lol who made them some guy in a shed in birmingham, go ahead buy them
                    Even thou you are a builder and not a fabricator I am genuinely interested in your ability to tell quality from a picture. You clearly have some knowledge on stands. For the benefit of all please share. Or does your knowledge end at unsupported sweeping statements?
                    Brian

Comment

Thanks, Si.
                      I got a set out of Machine Mart http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...on-axle-stands

Good range of lift

They have yet to drop my Surf on my head nor have I had some bloke from Brum to check on his welding
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                        I got a set out of Machine Mart http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...on-axle-stands

Good range of lift

They have yet to drop my Surf on my head nor have I had some bloke from Brum to check on his welding
                        Same as mine, similar to what Si wants from ebay. Same rating 6ton per pair.
                        Brian

Comment

Even thou you are a builder and not a fabricator I am genuinely interested in your ability to tell quality from a picture. You clearly have some knowledge on stands. For the benefit of all please share. Or does your knowledge end at unsupported sweeping statements?
                          lol mate you can tell cheap crap when you see it. surly a stand should be tested so some kind of safety standard , so much crap is sold on ebay. they are not tested to hold the weight they claim. you could weld them up in your garage and say they would hold 5 ton each and sell them on ebay. go to your local motor factor and see what the stands that are tested say. simples . i myself use 4 inch solid blocks under my truck

Comment

Made from lumps of metal by the looks of it, should be fine to hold ya truck up, better than wood (which I have used) or your spare wheel (which I have also used )

I have a smaller set the same design as these, had them for years and they have been fine, the ratchet is designed so that when it`s loaded up it cant be released, cant go far wrong for that money fella.

Comment

Same as mine, similar to what Si wants from ebay. Same rating 6ton per pair.
                              Exactly my point.

The only difference being that with the MM ones you get a chance to run your mitts over them before you part with the cash.

I am sure that the ebay ones will be perfectly fine.

@Ziggy
                              Oh and for the record the Chinese keyboard that I am using to type this with has yet to explode catch fire or cut my fingers,seems to be working as I would expect.
                              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X