@TonyN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @TonyN

I've just been sorting out the teething issues on my truck. I've sorted out the shifter stick, but the transfer lever is making a racket. I was looking for the way to remove the centre console (which I can't work out for the life of me) so I can file the hole a bit , when I noticed that the rear nearside passenger seat is quite wet in the footwell under the mat.

So, my question is... is it possible that my rear heater plumbing hasn't liked the body lift?

Thanks

bump

Comment

The consol top just unclips, start at the pocket, and work your way forward gently unclipping it. Then you unscrew the lower half. Like you say the shifter hole just needs filing a little, I thought we'd got away with it.

Re, the wet carpet, You had a 5l can of coolant behind the seat, it was tipped over when I took it out, I have it here and under test conditions (I just laid it down), it leaks...

I'd guess it's that. The rear heater hoses are fixed to body up to the engine bay, I very much doubt doing the BL could disturb the matrix end at all.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        The consol top just unclips, start at the pocket, and work your way forward gently unclipping it. Then you unscrew the lower half. Like you say the shifter hole just needs filing a little, I thought we'd got away with it.

Re, the wet carpet, You had a 5l can of coolant behind the seat, it was tipped over when I took it out, I have it here and under test conditions (I just laid it down), it leaks...

I'd guess it's that. The rear heater hoses are fixed to body up to the engine bay, I very much doubt doing the BL could disturb the matrix end at all.
        Thanks, I worked out the centre console eventually! That's a relief about the dampness. I did wonder if it was from the coolant I had in there.

Or perhaps if you might've just had a vengeance pee in there, in response to my pestering for my truck back!

Comment

Tony wouldn't be that subtle - if you'd hacked him off you might just have found a steaming pile of ....

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
          X