Newbie saying hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie saying hi

Hello all, my name is Sam and I have bought a 95 ssrX. I've been looking around the forum and like it, so I'm staying.... LOL

It's totally standard, in blue, 160k and pretty clean for an old un! It does have a couple issues though, 1 being the saggy rear springs and a noise that can only be described as boost escaping from the turbo pipe work. I towed with it for the first time yesterday and it seemed to struggle with an empty car trailer which was disappointing. I will be investigating the turbo pipes to see if there is anything broken. Are there any week spots to look out for?

All in all very happy with it and look forward to getting it dirty!

Welcome Sam. If you get on top of all the maintainence issues, and maybe give it a good service, Your 3.0td(?) should pull like a train. Check out all the FAQ's and you will learn a lot about the things that you need..........Cheers.....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Oh yes! It's a 3.0TD, SOS. I'm busy reading through now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammyk View Post
        Hello all, my name is Sam and I have bought a 95 ssrX. I've been looking around the forum and like it, so I'm staying.... LOL

It's totally standard, in blue, 160k and pretty clean for an old un! It does have a couple issues though, 1 being the saggy rear springs and a noise that can only be described as boost escaping from the turbo pipe work. I towed with it for the first time yesterday and it seemed to struggle with an empty car trailer which was disappointing. I will be investigating the turbo pipes to see if there is anything broken. Are there any week spots to look out for?

All in all very happy with it and look forward to getting it dirty!
        Welcome to the forum Sammy, lots of helpful friendly and sarcastic folk on here! BUtt sag is a feature of Surf's and the only way to fix is new rear springs and ya might as well do the shocks at the same time, consider stiffer springs ion the rear if you plan on a lot of towing. Your turbo issue, is the turbo noisy? Can you hear it spinning up?
        Life is not a dress rehearsal
        1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed
        (Auto's are for the indecisive!!)

Comment

"B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Pete The Tart View Post
            Welcome to the forum Sammy, lots of helpful friendly and sarcastic folk on here! BUtt sag is a feature of Surf's and the only way to fix is new rear springs and ya might as well do the shocks at the same time, consider stiffer springs ion the rear if you plan on a lot of towing. Your turbo issue, is the turbo noisy? Can you hear it spinning up?
            The turbo dosnt have the whine associated with wear I don't reckon, it's more a wooossshhhh when boost comes on. I test drove 3 previous to buying this one and they were quiet.
            It dosnt have an intercooler, the pipes going over the engine seem to be tight.
            Unless that's how it is??

Comment

If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Hello
                Non consternationes.

Comment

Thanks for welcomes guys!

Comment

'Ello chap. Which Burnham?

Comment

Burnham outside Slough. Know it?

Oh! You live in Cookham, of course you know it.
                      Last edited by Sammyk; 24 November 2011, 09:30.

Comment

Working...
                      X