KZN185 Free Wheeling hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN185 Free Wheeling hubs

Hi, does anyone know if free wheeling hubs could be fitted to any kzn185 ?
    In ignorance I purchased a set which stated they fit surfs up to 98. HA!! NOT on my 96 model Now I'm stuck with them as they came from Oz and gonna cost a pretty penny to post them back unless i can prove they were mis sold to me,then i MIGHT get a chance that they will cover return costs???

I've seen manual hubs on 3rd Gens in the US, but its not a bolt on swap like 2nd Gens, you need different hubs and driveshafts.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hmmm just re read what i've written, doh!! Does anyone know if ANY 3rd gens came standard with free wheeling hubs OR If they came with hubs that free wheel adapters could be fitted

Comment

They are fitted to some Tacoma's in the US. No Surf/4Runner ever came with manual hubs, even the 1st Gens.

This is what you need...

http://wncautoparts.com/suspension.html

Comment

I've read that it makes the stub axles a weak link (A.D.D. collar breaks) and deletes the ABS?

Comment

Me too, but you often find when the yanks complain about 'weak links' it's often when they are running 37" tyres and dual transfer cases while rock crawling! It's probably fine on an average truck.

Comment

Working...
            X