• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a charming little site if you like nukes

just enter your location to see if you'd survive

http://www.wouldisurviveanuke.com/

Back in the day Baby

You're dead!
    Congratulations! You never saw it coming. Consider yourself lucky that there was no suffering. Not even the cockroaches survived.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Alive! but do you want to be?
      You live in the middle of no where or are lucky. The planet isnt looking good though. Get ready for some great skiing in the incoming nuclear winter
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

I'm OK. I have a tinfoil hat.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I only get first degree burns

It tells me that cancer is only a matter of time for me but hey what's new!!

Comment

we will all be ok if we just duck and cover

Comment

Head to toe 2nd degree burns, dead in a fortnight.

Any one smell toast? cause that'll be me.

Gman.
              If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Well thats rubbish. It says Swindon (19 miles away) will get nuked (hooray!) but RAF Fairford (AKA USAF Fairford) will not be nuked and thats 3 miles away. I call bullshine on their diagnosis of alive but 2nd degree burns. I will be a lot crispier than that...
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                  Well thats rubbish. It says Swindon (19 miles away) will get nuked (hooray!) but RAF Fairford (AKA USAF Fairford) will not be nuked and thats 3 miles away. I call bullshine on their diagnosis of alive but 2nd degree burns. I will be a lot crispier than that...
                  Same here - it ignores GCHQ at Cheltenham which would be a prime target.
                  The good news is I'm within range, so no worries about a lingering death for me then.

Happy days.

Comment

This might have some relevance to a cold war M.A.D. scenario. But if there is a nuclear war, it will almost certainly be fought with limited capacity weapons in the Middle East. Deaths here will mostly be due to massive food and oil shortages leading to unprecendented worldwide civil unrest, and catastrophic climate chance resulting from nuclear winter originating in the Middle East. I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by spacast View Post
                      Same here - it ignores GCHQ at Cheltenham which would be a prime target.
                      The good news is I'm within range, so no worries about a lingering death for me then.

Happy days.
                      It doesn't ignore it as such, but the only options you can select are population centres and the type of (all pre-1970) bomb.

GCHQ wouldn't require a nuclear strike, just a power cut.
                      Last edited by Apache; 15 November 2011, 16:26.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                        This might have some relevance to a cold war M.A.D. scenario. But if there is a nuclear war, it will almost certainly be fought with limited capacity weapons in the Middle East. Deaths here will mostly be due to massive food and oil shortages leading to unprecendented worldwide civil unrest, and catastrophic climate chance resulting from nuclear winter originating in the Middle East. I reckon.
                        And there I was worried about the economic crisis at the moment... So no need to worry about it anymore...that's a load off my mind..
                        .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
                          And there I was worried about the economic crisis at the moment... So no need to worry about it anymore...that's a load off my mind..
                          Well there is that too - the imminent failure of the Italian and Greek economies is likely to lead to the complete meltdown of the European markets, mass unemployment, rampant inflation, and a total collapse of public services.

Just kidding - it'll all be fine. The ECB is going to lend itself some money that it doesn't have and leverage that money into more money which it will recoup by way of structured debt packages backed by, err, the ECB. What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                            Well there is that too - the imminent failure of the Italian and Greek economies is likely to lead to the complete meltdown of the European markets, mass unemployment, rampant inflation, and a total collapse of public services.

Just kidding - it'll all be fine. The ECB is going to lend itself some money that it doesn't have and leverage that money into more money which it will recoup by way of structured debt packages backed by, err, the ECB. What could possibly go wrong?
                            That's the last time I send you any Euro Market Intel !

Such words of doom, you could start political unrest in the hinterland, people pitching tents in front of religious financial institutions, Ha i got the keys to my straight jacket ! Financial ruin , rivers of blood, political and social breakdown....all this and more in Barnsley
                            Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

You're dead!
                              Congratulations! You never saw it coming. Consider yourself lucky that there was no suffering. Not even the cockroaches survived.
                              My other cars a QUAD
                              (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                              http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Working...
                              X