Window Tint removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Tint removal

Hi guys, me again I feel like such a noob (prob coz i am!! ) but i need some advice on the following plz:

My wife and I would like to Limo Tint all the windows except the front three. It already has mirror back screen and tinted rear & rear passenger windows. Is it an easy job for her to strip these herself?

We have been quoted £250 to do the tints we want but they want extra to take the old tints off!!

Any advice on this subject would be welcome

Hi Sean,

The tinting film itself comes off OK but the adhesive is a bit of a biatch to get off.

A washing up liquid mix and a WHITE brillo pad NOT GREEN will get it off. If you use a green one you will scratch the windows.

May be easier to get them to do it.

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by Surf's Up Dude
      Hi guys, me again I feel like such a noob (prob coz i am!! ) but i need some advice on the following plz:

My wife and I would like to Limo Tint all the windows except the front three. It already has mirror back screen and tinted rear & rear passenger windows. Is it an easy job for her to strip these herself?

We have been quoted £250 to do the tints we want but they want extra to take the old tints off!!

Any advice on this subject would be welcome
      Hi Sean
      I am sure Marky removed his rear screen tint before he redid it . I think he used a steam stripper BUT I AM NOT SURE .
      He is on holiday now so he can not confirm . Try a search on here and you may find it . I will do a quick search me self .

Rick
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thnx alot guys and any other suggestions or advice would be welcome.

Also the wife wants to know how easy it is to buy the film & do it herself!!

Plz be as honest as poss!!

Comment

Originally posted by Surf's Up Dude
          Thnx alot guys and any other suggestions or advice would be welcome.

Also the wife wants to know how easy it is to buy the film & do it herself!!

Plz be as honest as poss!!
          I have done a quick search for tint removal but with no success . I have found plenty of threads on retinting yourself or suppliers and fitters of tint .

Rick
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I think that most people that have tried it would agree with me that it is quite difficult to tint it yourself. I watched the guy do mine and I wouldn't want to try it.

My opinion of course.

R.
            If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

tinting's easy... but hard to do a good job... takes loads of practice to get it spot on and no bubbles or creases... get the bloke to do it!...

even just getting the backing off the film is a real bitch!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

As above from da big man, tinting is a swine to do, peeling it off the backing paper to apply and not get creases, bubbles or lines where the film touches itself is one for the experts, thats why they charge good money. If monkeys could do it, it would only cost peanuts.

Botched it once myself and never again.

Fish
                If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

give slydog a shout, he,s the man for tinting now.

ship

Comment

tint off

yep use a steamer and a white not green scotch pad and a 1 edge razor blade but make sure the blade is steel it can be a real pig to get off if it breaks up into small peices . as for tinting it yourself it aint easy and the tint you get from the shops is no where near the quality that a tint shop will use witch makes it a bugger to applya tinter will heat form it to the shape of the window ensureing a perfect tint if you attempt it on your own use baby shampoo in the water not washing liquid my advice take it to a tint shop any questions just ask me
                    black n tan
                    black n tan
                    yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

tint

you must also do the tint inside a garage or somewhere . doing it outside dont work be very clean clean and use masking tape in all window gaskets minute dust particles will show up real bad preperation is perfection
                      black n tan
                      black n tan
                      yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Working...
                      X