Hilux vs CRV ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilux vs CRV ?

When I was looking for a surf/hilux I was put off a little by stories of dreaded cracked heads..

A few people have told me that I should look at a CRV if I want reliability as they don't go wrong ( and know they arent CRV owners.. )

I would probably end up paying the same amount ( say £3k ) for a 03 petrol CRV as opposed to 95 hilux/surf

I didn't want to open a 'slag the other car' thread just a comparison on on/off road ability, reliability etc between the two.

I look forward to some interesting comments..

Cheers

CRVs won't go off road. Other than that, they're fine.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

The CRV is in a division below the Surf, The Surf is a serious off-roader, the CRV is a soft roader, My sister runs a 55 plate CRV no dramas but... boringly fitted out if you want to go that way look at Toyota RAV4 or Nissan X-Trail all in the same league as Honda CRV

I love 18yr old Malt it enlightens my inner lunacy
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Crv

I think you have hit the nail right on the head..

At the moment I dont need anything for serious off-roading, I just want something big/roomy for my dogs etc, something that will handle well in snow/ice and not cost me my house to keep it on the road..

My head leans towards a CRV and my heart towards the surf !

Comment

A CRV isn't a Surf, they do nothing for me, and to small. It's just a Bulkier Civic with a wierd automatic AWD system.

You'll get a good 95' 2nd Gen Surf for £1.5 or less if you're patient.

Have no issues with Honda reliabilty, but not with Toyota or most Jap stuff TBH.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

crv

One other quick thing..

I love the stick thing called a gearstick.. are there BIG advantages to manual vs auto etc

Comment

No, horses for courses. There are perfectly valid arguments for and against both.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

crv

Thanks for the comments..

Tony.. I notice you have a legacy outback.. how do you rate those against the hilux ?

Comment

If the weather is as bad as last year I would prefer the Surf, I piled into a ditch full of snow and ice after much swearing and swallowing pride was tugged back onto the road drove away with 'cosmetic damage' and hurt pride, Sister sat at lights was hit by young idiot in Saxo rear damage was extensive, loss adjuster was 250gbp from write off too many crumple zones etc The Surf is better value for money, you may find the Rav4 cheaper to insure ?
                  Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

A CRV?

Seriously, are you ghey?

Imagine looking into a shop window and seeing yourself in a Honda CRV.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Manuals are for fun twisty roads in sports cars.

There isn't much point having a manual Surf, its just unnecessary arm exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by smallzoo View Post
                        Tony.. I notice you have a legacy outback.. how do you rate those against the hilux ?
                        Completely different beasts, exceptional car, but apart from both being pretty thirsty not much in common. If I didn't need a proper 4x4 for offroading it'd be my car of choice.

I'm actually replacing the Leggy and the 2nd Gen with a 3rd Gen, that way we get AWD, somethng newer and still a Surf so best of all worlds.

Comment

Outback

Tony,

Can I email you at 4x4toys about the outback.. another reason for that..

thanks

Comment

sure..

Comment

Don't expect a reply like...
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X