Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rad pipes

can any one help me please?

have just removed rad to fit new belts etc. bottom of rad has two small pipes which when removed had oil in them

i thought it would be pipes to rear heater>? but that would not have oil in it

thanks

On a 2.4l surf, the pipes going to the rear heater come from just under thermostat housing I believe.

As for oil, shouldn't be any oil in the coolant system.

How much oil came out?
    My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Automatic oil perhaps?

from the integral oil cooler?
      What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj View Post
        can any one help me please?

have just removed rad to fit new belts etc. bottom of rad has two small pipes which when removed had oil in them

i thought it would be pipes to rear heater>? but that would not have oil in it

thanks
        Sounds like the ATF cooler to me (it's built into the radiator). Nothing to worry about. Just remember to top up your ATF when you've reassembled and reconnected everything.

Comment

Do usually pull pipes off things without first checking what they're for?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Do usually pull pipes off things without first checking what they're for?
            Awww.. Vince you was doing so well till then...mind you can't disagree. On the up side could be an ideal time to fit an ATF cooler...
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
              Awww.. Vince you was doing so well till then...mind you can't disagree. On the up side could be an ideal time to fit an ATF cooler...
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
              X