Am i being put in the cupboard and being fed bull***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i being put in the cupboard and being fed bull***

Took my surf back to my dealer today after i jacked up the front wheels and found that the nearside wheel had rather a lot of play in it.I thought this might be the reason for the wheel wobble i get at anything above 55mph.
    After taking it for a drive and jacking it up himself he agreed that there was some play ,but it is suppose to be like that. You must not over tighten them.
    I told him that the other side wasnt like it and he started coming out with other stuff it could be . The tyres,my alloys ,all the usual stuff i got told to check.

Is there suppose to be any play in the wheels if you rock them when they are jacked up off the floor???? If not what nuts do I tighten to remove the play ???

cheers for you help people

Mick
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

no... does it make any noise?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I am starting to get a bit of a humming sound when i put a bit of pressure on it when i go round a long bend. Nothing too noisy yet!!

Comment

Sounds like wheel bearings, mine was loose on nr side. Mine is a 2.4 but I took the wheel off, undid 6 bolts on the end of hub, had a bit of a battle with it and eventually got the bit off, then there are the bearing lock nut tab washer and adjusting nut, remove lock nut and washer the tighten the inner nut until play goes ensuring that wheel still rotates freely, then replace tab washer and lock nut and ensure that tab washer is stopping nuts from working loose. If you need to replace the bearings you will need to remove the caliper to remove the hub.

Comment

Sounds like it could a bit of play in the wheel bearing.Not a big deal to do,if your comming to the 4x4 show we could do it there if you dont feel up to takling it yourself.

sumo.
          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

definately bearing if it's making a noise on corners...

pretty straight forward on the front i think.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Its ok guys have sorted it!!! Took off the outer cover and flange washers and guess what!!! ??? I could move both bearing nuts with my fingers . Got the old torque wrench out and Bingo .Sorted!!!! Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X