No announcement yet.

snorkel group buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fibreglass snorkel (dependant on construction) would be just as strong, if not stronger then a plastic one, there would be less give/flex in a f/b one but if made correctly it should not fail. If the lanes that you drive are so extreme that you will break a f/b one, you will end up breaking the plastic too. Fibreglass, unlike plastic is very easy to repair, you can repair plastic but it will look like it has been repaired, to avoid it looking this way you will probably end up having to wrap it in f/b and paint it. If the f/b had to fail it would more than likely just crack, this could very easily be repaired with a cheap f/b kit from Halfords, some bog and a rattle can.

Ultimately it is your choice, just though I would my opinion...

Comment

If the lanes are that extreme, then a Surf is probably not the most suitable vehicle to use?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        If the lanes are that extreme, then a Surf is probably not the most suitable vehicle to use?
        To be fair some of those falling autumn leaves are quite large
        Brian

Comment

you all seem to have gone off topic, its what i want for my truck and as there are a couple of other interested, i can't be alone....
          www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by mattisaLN130 View Post
            A fibreglass snorkel (dependant on construction) would be just as strong, if not stronger then a plastic one,
            Its not, I've fitted both, the GRP ones are far more brittle than a Safari or TJM plastic. Safari ads show one being run over, you won't get a metal or GRP one that can do that.

They will be fine for most users, but you will break them if you knock them hard.

You pays your money you take your choice, both work, but Safari and TJM are pretty indestructable short of setting fire to them.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by bullet513 View Post
              you all seem to have gone off topic.

It's what we do..................
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                To be fair some of those falling autumn leaves are quite large

You remember the Boyo Incident...
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                  It's what we do..................
                  Yup, put it in a serious section liek the Modification section if you want sensible answers, this bit is for chatting and chilling out. Expect B/S...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    Expect B/S...

Happy to oblige!

Hydrogen generation from water works and increases mpg.

Bobbox increases power AND mpg.

Put a spare on your roof and remove your ARBs, your truck WILL fall over.

A few washers will make your 2.4 into a sports car.

My truck gets 36mpg.

Comment

I was going to add to the general tone of this thread, but I can't be arsed.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm up for the B/S and it's my bad for putting it in the general section, but didn't think it qualified as being a modification yet as I'm just after some names so I can look at getting them ordered, then I can do the for sale post or something similar.
                        www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by bullet513 View Post
                          Oh don't get me wrong, I'm up for the B/S and it's my bad for putting it in the general section, but didn't think it qualified as being a modification yet as I'm just after some names so I can look at getting them ordered, then I can do the for sale post or something similar.
                          You have just got me onside. I wish more would do likewise.
                          I don't care what the modification is or how many times it's been done before.
                          I applaud anyone having a go and love reading Build/Mod sections.

It's just a pity the HLS one has more talking than doing. At least the lexurf builds are in one place and a pleasure to read through.

I was reading Gamedawns on board air thread today and discovered I was 30 odd pages back in the mod section. Had a trawl and to be honest the section has the wrong title.
                          Last edited by yoshie; 31 October 2011, 22:46.
                          Brian

Comment

If I had anything to stick a snorkel on, I'd be up for it. I just think it'd look a bit mad on a Fiat 500

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                              I was going to add to the general tone of this thread, but I can't be arsed.
                              Just by being here you've helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                                If I had anything to stick a snorkel on, I'd be up for it. I just think it'd look a bit mad on a Fiat 500
                                All the more reason to do it?! It'd be perfect for the floods come springtime...

Comment

Working...
                                X