CB Radio repairs/frequency resetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Radio repairs/frequency resetting

Does anyone on here or know of anyone who can sort the frequencies on my TTI 770 CB. I think it's off frequency but i have no way of telling at the moment as i don't have an oscilloscope or frequency counter.
    I can hear plenty of foreigners but i can't get a mod check or rig check the swr readings are ok but all voices seem like they are just off frequency. i also have an old Amstrad CB901 that also doesn't receive although it does power up ok, the unit has static noise, but it has no transmission power it does TX but with no power as it won't even register anything on an swr meter.
    So i need someone who knows what they are doing to sort them out anyone help with this??
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Cheers steve but i was hoping for someone who could be recommended by another forum member

Comment

It`s not exactly local for you but I use a place called Knights in Kirton Lindsey, they have been around since time began and are really helpful, they do have a website if you google them and I know they do mail order so cant see why you could`nt send them your CB for repair, they also do some good deals on refurbished units so it may work out cheaper just to buy a replacement.

I too have noticed over the last few weeks some unintelligible mutterings sometimes spanning across 2 or 3 channels, I read that weather conditions can sometimes affect transmissions (skip?) making them travel hundreds of miles further than normal and just put it down to that. Had no problems getting rig checks on 19 or 33 but I live beside the Humber and there is a lot of wagon freight daily, CB is not that popular these days so it might just be that no one is in range to reply?

Comment

Cheers for the info, I'm just going to have a nosey about the site when i get more time, I did wonder about the weather conditions and the apparent lack of CB user's about now, plus living in the South West there should be plenty of farmers and trucker's about using the CB as most tractors are fitted from standard with rigs.
        I'll go back and have a look about i now have the complete frequency range for my unit, but i would need a frequency counter to verify whether my unit has been messed with.

Comment

Working...
        X