Went a bit over the top with the rattle can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went a bit over the top with the rattle can

Well i think the fumes went to my head but i actually think i've improved it

When it arrived

First thing that went was the bull bar centre as it was rusted through

Next thing was some undercar led neons. (Tidy!)

With the wheels being minging i fancied painting them satin black. So a trip to halfords and 2 tins of satin black later we got the wheels done.

While at it, the fumes must have went to our head as we decided to spray everything that was chrome bar the door handles and bull bar black aswell.

With a beard....

Finished article.

Overall i think its a vastly improved look (minus the neons!)

Next on the list is to fit the new brakes i've bought as an oil tanker stops faster.

PS don't take the neons too seriously, i was drunk when i bought them so figured it was a waste of money not to fit them (A whole £6 lol)

Could have bought a 4Runner and saved all the effort.

I like it, shiny is over rated.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

IMHO it's too much... cheapens it too much, and as I own the same model in black, I can see the differences very well...
      Much prefer the chrome highlights...

Having said that, when the time comes i'm thinking tubular rear bumper form the Man Cave Man, but "might" spray it chrome/ v shiny silver to keep the theme.

Good on you though for all that rattling, how well's the paint stuck to the chrome bumpers?
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I like it, I hate chrome. I would have done the door handles too, or, given the wear they get, plasticoted them.

Anyone come up with a good solution to keeping the hinge for the spare-carrier black?
        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

I'll be painting the handles as well. Just didn't get the time to do them.

I don't have an aversion to chrome. On the contrary have a look at my Supra bay

The main problem was the fact that the chrome was rusting and bubbling so i figured it'd be better black.

Comment

Is the cam cover really CF, a CF wrap, or a printed laminate?

I lurve CF. Looks nice
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Nothing that's carbon on my car is fake.

I've got a full carbon rear diffuser aswell on the car

Comment

my whole surf is matt black, been toying with doing the chrome bits black too, seeing yours has helped, but I'm still not sure i wanna do mine

Comment

Working...
                X