Blown cylinder head gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown cylinder head gasket?

i can see some kind of dark oily fluid coming out from between the head and the block, at the back of the engine. Is this a gasket problem? Is this why my car was taking more juice (1ltr~5-6km)?It has been there for a while and didnt mind it until i got my engine and everything washed and clean.
    '94 Surf SSR-X --3.0l Turbo-KZN130W -- 400,000KMs

By the way your describing this I'm thinking your rocker cover is leaking and not the head gasket. Theres a half moon bit on the rocker cover gasket which needs a bed of sealant around it when installing, just undo the rocker cover, carefully remove the gasket, clean it up with petrol or solvent of some sort and get some new sealant on its base before refitting, torque it back down.

Blew the head on mine and ran it for six months without any reduced fuel economy, If I were you I'd think about stripping the top end of the breathing/turbo apparatus and giving those a deep clean and a new air filter element wouldn't go amiss, all these parts get seriously gunged up and probably will reduce economy, either that or you need to disengage 4 wheel drive. H

Comment

Working...
    X