Bob a job week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob a job week

I see the scouts are to bring back " Bob a job week",I always wondered why the girl guides never did anything similar ???
    Who can remember what a bob was??.
    Must get my woggle out and give it a polish!!

The same people who remember what a ha,penny a Threepenny bit, a tanner, and a Half crown were. Those people will probably also remember that a Bob was equivalent to 12d ( 12 pennies), and they might have some vague memories of farthings, but will probably be less familiar with groats.
    Some of those people probably think that Feb 71 heralded the end of civilization as they knew it.
    Last edited by Bogus; 20 October 2011, 11:00.
    Сви можемо

Comment

The girl guides doing 'bob a job' sounds wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
        The same people who remember what a ha,penny a Threepenny bit, a tanner, and a Half crown were. Those people will probably also remember that a Bob was equivalent to 12d ( 12 pennies), and they might have some vague memories of farthings, but will probably be less familiar with groats.
        Some of those people probably think that Feb 71 heralded the end of civilization as they knew it.
        I know what threepenny bits are.............. Rhyming slang, isn't it?..........................
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
          I know what threepenny bits are.............. Rhyming slang, isn't it?..........................
          Careful, you,re turning into Slobodan. I was expecting him to come in with that.
          Сви можемо

Comment

He would have said Bristols
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
              I remember all those (apart from groats) and yes that date was the end of civilization as we knew it, after that came the fast buck, must have, and f##k everyone else mentality (the farthing had a "robin" on one side, and half a dollar got ya a pint, a pak of fags, and pictures, (plus a rub out if you were lucky)
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

some girlys have nice two bob bits

wouldnt be the same if you called them florins

Comment

Wonder if Mattf has latched onto this ? cheap way to get the shed finished ?
                  Last edited by John h; 20 October 2011, 20:48. Reason: space bar needs fixing
                  Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Working...
                  X