Thermostat change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat change

Is there thermostat easy to change, a case of twist out and twist in the new one or is it bolted in?

Doing another coolant flush and change and this time i want to change the thermostat but not sure where the bugger is and how to get it out.

Got everything ready to go tommoro morning.
    My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

duo't know if its the same on the 2.4 but on my 3.0td it was down the right hand side, 3 bolts and move the metal pipe back and remove stat and reinstall new 1, bolt back together, 10 minute job
    www.apmautos.com

Comment

On the 2.4 it's at the front right hand side it's the housing the top radiator hose is fastened to.
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Briliant, found it. cheers guys.

Comment

Originally posted by bullet513 View Post
          duo't know if its the same on the 2.4 but on my 3.0td it was down the right hand side, 3 bolts and move the metal pipe back and remove stat and reinstall new 1, bolt back together, 10 minute job
          Show off. Mine took me an hour and no small amount of cursing, I seem to recall the highest bolt on the housing being a b*gger to reach. I kept electrocuting myself on the alternator too. I'm good with cars see .

Comment

Don't forget the gasket! I'm doin mine in a bit all Toyota genuine parts n red coolant I don't trust after Market parts on the engin itself.

Comment

haha it helps if you have the right tools, im a mechanic so got pretty much all the tools i need for that sort of thing
              www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by tatts View Post
                Don't forget the gasket! I'm doin mine in a bit all Toyota genuine parts n red coolant I don't trust after Market parts on the engin itself.
                Wise man !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

forgot the gasket, will have to get one a slip it in next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X