• Moody Rant

Virgin media AAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH HHHHHH

and breathe

In the vm shop in Swindon over the weekend asking about the TiVO box

£50 activation fee which I don't want to pay
    Asks the "assistant" can't you waive the fee
    "yeah we can do that"
    "cool go ahead "
    We will need to take a card payment for the £50 then we will credit £50 off your first bill?
    So your charging me then?
    Em no you get a £50 credit

Ok I will take the credit now then

No we need to take a card payment today.

Shakes head and walks out of shop.

Then today in the post I get a free activation letter
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Dont go there... try to decipher their bills.. it cant be done i dumped them and their fancy coax broadband system and went to Sky/BY with crappy twin pair ADSL internet...which was actually faster... ??

Poor customer service and lots of hidden charges

Back in the day Baby

Comment

No activation fee but a £49.95 'installation' charge. They also move your old box to another room for that price. Not bad - not good. Meh!

(BTW mine's supposed to be coming on the 1st of November - we'll see!)
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
        Dont go there... try to decipher their bills.. it cant be done i dumped them and their fancy coax broadband system and went to Sky/BY with crappy twin pair ADSL internet...which was actually faster... ??

Poor customer service and lots of hidden charges
        How easy was it to dump them ?

Ihave 'the package' basic tv / phone/ and broadband getting dearer each month with their weird phone charges with the dick turpin billing system
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Thats what I had.. I would ring asking them to explain my bill..they could not.. do the dumping via email..an electronic paper trail. Log all telephone calls to their call centre
          Also they are tight on payment sending my neighbour a final bill for 1p, I kid you not as they dumped them as well.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
            No activation fee but a £49.95 'installation' charge. They also move your old box to another room for that price. Not bad - not good. Meh!

(BTW mine's supposed to be coming on the 1st of November - we'll see!)
            So I asked what is the difference?

Well you now don't pay for activation

But its the same price to install?

I give up
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Why not get a Humax box or a PVR card for a PC form the cost of hardware only??? Do you get any special channels with Tivo?

What annoys me is sky...

We have sky HD+ all the channels... I can't go with sky internet without a major faf about as the line that my sky boxes is registered with is seperate to my ADSL line..... - yet if you want to use the "view on demand" content directly via the skybox, you need to plug it into a router dialled up to Sky broadband only....

That said Sky anytime is available to sky customers that get their broadband through another provider.....

Actually trying to activate the Sky anytime involved so much hoop jumping... I just gave up....
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                Why not get a Humax box or a PVR card for a PC form the cost of hardware only??? Do you get any special channels with Tivo?

What annoys me is sky...

We have sky HD+ all the channels... I can't go with sky internet without a major faf about as the line that my sky boxes is registered with is seperate to my ADSL line..... - yet if you want to use the "view on demand" content directly via the skybox, you need to plug it into a router dialled up to Sky broadband only....

That said Sky anytime is available to sky customers that get their broadband through another provider.....

Actually trying to activate the Sky anytime involved so much hoop jumping... I just gave up....
                I have sky anytime and no phone line or broadband line connected to the system.
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                  I have sky anytime and no phone line or broadband line connected to the system.
                  I mean the proper over web stuff, not the few bits and bobs you can get from the box alone.... unless you have some other devious way...
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
                    Thats what I had.. I would ring asking them to explain my bill..they could not.. do the dumping via email..an electronic paper trail. Log all telephone calls to their call centre
                    Also they are tight on payment sending my neighbour a final bill for 1p, I kid you not as they dumped them as well.
                    Thanks for this info, i think I may try Sky, BT are still way off on re-cabling around here, unless the local pikeys decide to remove the old copper

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                      Thanks for this info, i think I may try Sky, BT are still way off on re-cabling around here, unless the local pikeys decide to remove the old copper
                      The word you need is Retention
                      speak to them
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                        speak to them
                        Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                          speak to them

"no problem at all sir, you can cancel straight away, but first of all, I'll put you through to our team of persuasive then give you stuff for free types who will try and make you stay with us"

Keep saying no, untill you get bored, then a little yes, and lots of freebies, for a while.....
                          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                          X