steering box play ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering box play ?

Good morning all for a while now I have been getting a knocking from the steering not all the time tho . So this morning got a mate to rock the steering while I had look at everything the only play I found was in the main shaft coming out of the steering box to the pitman arm when you rock the steering the shaft moves side to side dose this mean the box is fcuked? I did this test with the engine off just incase that makes a differance thanks in advance for any advise
    Always up to my neck in it

Just to mention I have tried the search button but only found posts for play at steering wheel and vague steering I'm taking it to a pay and play day soon and want to get it sorted before then thanks all

Comment

Yeah, just advised H his box is loose too. (snigger)

I don't know if there is a bearing or a bush in there, but its just wear. Usually easier to fine a good used one and bung it on.

R/T do a recon one which isn't the end of the world money wise if you want make it as good as new..

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=157&vid=1233

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for the info Tony is this play something I should worry about righ now ? Is it dangerous just when you use the word loose is worries me . Are they a big job to replace?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          Yeah, just advised H his box is loose too. (snigger)

I don't know if there is a bearing or a bush in there, but its just wear. Usually easier to fine a good used one and bung it on.

R/T do a recon one which isn't the end of the world money wise if you want make it as good as new..

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=157&vid=1233

The white truck is really Jessie's Tony. So I'll tell her that you think her box is a bit loose. How's your life insurance...?
          Reckon that R/T one looks a pretty good price. Think that is the route I will go down...

Comment

I'm confused Henry ...

If Tony thinks your wife's box is loose shouldn't you be having words with the pair of them ???

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I'm confused Henry ...

If Tony thinks your wife's box is loose shouldn't you be having words with the pair of them ???

So thats why he's allowed to buy a kit car.

Comment

If you read it correctly, H's box is loose.

This is correct.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I'm confused Henry ...

thats made my sunday and probably ruined henry's hols

Comment

I don't know what you lot are talking about...

Tony, did you say that the shaft was slipping in and out my wife's box when it should be nice and tight? Or was it that her box was grinding on the shaft? And did you grease it up? Just want to be sure I know what the problem was...

Also, she says that having you underneath has made a real difference - it was a much nicer ride.

Now anyway, what was it all you lot were on about again?

Comment

When Mrs G had safely delivered sproglet number three, my suggestion of being sewn up around a pencil didn't seem to go down very well...
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                        Tony, did you say that the shaft was slipping in and out my wife's box when it should be nice and tight? Or was it that her box was grinding on the shaft? And did you grease it up?

Also, she says that having you underneath has made a real difference - it was a much nicer ride.
                        Its the emphasis on customer service that makes 4x4Toys stand out from the crowd.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                        X