4" lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4" lift

hello ..im starting to get impatiant trying to find a surf thats already been
    lifted..(i want one before the winter gets here).so im looking at the possibility of buying a standard one and doing it myself..the trouble is i cant seem to find a supplier that sells a 4 inch suspension lift kit..does anybody know where i can source a complete kit?and also the cost id be looking at?

any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.cheers in advance.

Do you want a 4" suspension lift?
    Superlift do one I think.
    Why not a 2" sus and a 2" body lift?
    That's the route most people go (and it'll be cheaper)
    Doing big lifts on IFS can get a bit involved.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I may have a pair of 3" coil spring spacers for sale next week . They basically fit above your rear springs and will give you 3" of suspension lift instantly .
      They are made from aluminium and I fitted my 2" ones in about an hour with help.
      Price wise as they are brand new custom made all id want is 100 including delivery.
      Let me know if interested.
      Then you just wind up your front torsion bars and you'll have about 3" of lift.
      Then in the future fit a 2" body lift kit and you'll have 5" lift total
      PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
        I may have a pair of 3" coil spring spacers for sale next week . They basically fit above your rear springs and will give you 3" of suspension lift instantly .
        They are made from aluminium and I fitted my 2" ones in about an hour with help.
        Price wise as they are brand new custom made all id want is 100 including delivery.
        if you wind the front up that much it'll be like driving a pogo stick

balljoint spacers and a bit on the torsion bars will give a much better ride

Comment

What year?
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
            Do you want a 4" suspension lift?
            Superlift do one I think.
            Why not a 2" sus and a 2" body lift?
            That's the route most people go (and it'll be cheaper)
            Doing big lifts on IFS can get a bit involved.

thanks for the info.i may just go for the 2 and 2 although i really want to get as high as i can.

yes..that sounds about right.do you have a pic of them fitted?

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
            What year?
            sorry fella.i dont understand?..ive not actually bought the truck yet.
            but id like a gen one or two..
            Last edited by rick1; 17 October 2011, 19:52.

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
              if you wind the front up that much it'll be like driving a pogo stick

balljoint spacers and a bit on the torsion bars will give a much better ride
              rightio mate cheers..

Comment

Originally posted by rick1 View Post
                rightio mate cheers..
                I have bj spacers on front of mine and its a nice ride.
                I'll find the pics of mine fitted so you can see what they are like

Comment

these arent mine but this is what they look like fitted , and how to fit them
                  http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/reviews/coilspacers/

let me know if your interested and we can sort the sale out

Comment

these arent mine but this is what they look like fitted , and how to fit them
                    http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/reviews/coilspacers/

let me know if your interested and we can sort the sale out
                    sorry i meant do you have a pic of the truck with them fitted?
                    so i can see the stance...cheers.

Comment

also am i right in thinking all gen 1 (surfs and 4 runners) have leaf springs?
                      and gen 2 (surfs and 4 runners) have coils?

Comment

Gen 2 surfs have seperate coils and shocks on the rear , and torsion bars up front .
                        Not sure on gen 1 but you may be right.
                        Don't think I got a pic with just the coil spacers fitted but now I have raised springs , coil spacers , bj spacers , body lift and adjusted torsion bars lol .
                        Makes a massive difference with suspension raised though. Looks awesome.

Comment

You could fit the 3" coil spacers to the rear and wind the torsion bars up 2" no problem and it will sit about right as your standard rear springs will probably of sagged a bit if the are the originals still.
                          As I said let me know if interested and ill put them aside for you.

Comment

I've got my TB's wound all the way to max, the ride is fine, it doesn't pogo. It does skip over holes though, but nothing to upset the ride that much.
                            here's some pics so you can see the difference the mods make.
                            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...t=68310&page=7
                            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

You could make me an offer I could not refuse as I have a surf/4Runner with a 4" suspension lift kit on it (installed by TonyN) a 2 " body lift (installed by TonyN). It is a 3.0ltr V6 converted to LPG with more mods than I can be botherred to list unless you are really serious and make me an offer that would allow me to follow my dream (toyota Troopie with a 1uzfe).

Comment

Working...
                              X