No announcement yet.

###### hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or just buy a 3rd gen petrol for £1000 less than the diesel equivalent, and get 20% lower fuel cost straight out of the box! More power, quieter to boot!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Or just buy a 3rd gen petrol for £1000 less than the diesel equivalent, and get 20% lower fuel cost straight out of the box! More power, quieter to boot!
      I really don't understand why they are cheaper... If there were any about when I boguht mine I'd have prefered a petrol!
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

worked out my 3.0TD '93 is doing 21.5mpg, and that was careful driving I was hoping to be around 25mpg... but then she is lifted by 2", has fat 31/10.5 mud tyres so I'm not really shocked.

This weekend I'm gonna go find me someone that sells biofuel. I did find someone that was selling it for 90p a litre but they're on a break atm.

P.S. Diesel is 146.9 over here...and that's the cheaper Total garages not the Manx "buy local, pay more" Petroleum ones (which are 147.9).

P.S.S Don't care... I love my Surf :P

Comment

Much to his disgust I got me one of these..

for the school run, adapted the childseat, bingo..

Comment

Much to his disgust I got me one of these..

..for the school run, adapted the childseat, bingo.. then he video'd me coming up this ###### hill faster than most go down Avit!
            Mrs B
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by toyota888 View Post
              That sounds more like it, you can double that for motorway.nice one,some honesty.Iwouldnt swap my smurf for anything, telling a lie maybe a Landcruiser 4.2 td less fuel.
              Nope, 15 - 18mpg never better. A whole tank used on a long motorway run will if I drive like a girl, will get me 18 and a bit. Most times I fill up it works out at 16 to 17 mpg, that's a combination of motorway, A roads, lanes and urban.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
                Im not sure if you mean a 3.0 ltr ? However being prompted by this thread to sort of accurately check my 2.4 D Auto and out of sheer stinginess, i just ran £20.00 through mine. as a point of reference i do about the same journeys every week.
                I have used This to do the calculations, i did 99 miles on £20.00 At £1.39.9

the results were
                real-world MPG average is 31.48, covering 99 miles using 3.14 gallons of fuel. 20.02p/mile.

as a point of control i used the fuel low warning light. i filled up as soon as it came on on the flat, and when it came on again.
                Im pretty convinced this was about as accurate as i could be. this was urban short distances in medium traffic. the truck is unladen.
                My other 2.4 D manual will be the next to try as i think i get more out of that, but that remains to be seen.
                Im pretty pleased about the results
                Are you sure that you're not mistaking km for miles? Chances are that the reading on your odometer/trip meter is still in km even if the speedometer face has been converted to mph.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
                  makes more sense now how dumb i forgot totally about that one
                  Nice to see you're still perpetuating your stereotype.

I can go back to ignoring you, safe in the knowledge that you are still an idiot.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I throw a couple of cans of beer, a banana skin and a few other items of rubbish into my Mr. Fusion and then the flux capacitor takes care of the rest.

The only problem I have is....

Getting up to 88mph!
                    My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

When I posted earlier I hadn't taken into account that I nearly always have the 4wd on (always in the wet, and we haven't seen many dry days here this year!), and I always have the aircon running.

That would probably skew my figures a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        Nice to see you're still perpetuating your stereotype.

I can go back to ignoring you, safe in the knowledge that you are still an idiot.
                        snigger

my lexurf is better on gogo juice than the 2.4 stinker was

Comment

My lexurf, is doing Gary's pre re-gear sort of mileage. At a steady 60 mph, I got over 23 mpg. ...Mind you, i can get it as low as 7!!
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                            My lexurf, is doing Gary's pre re-gear sort of mileage. At a steady 60 mph, I got over 23 mpg. ...Mind you, i can get it as low as 7!!
                            instantaneous display on my old car got 4 mpg redline in 1st! but boy, what a first gear!
                            Gotta get me 4 more cylinders soon.

Or failing that, buy the mrs a V8.... hmmmm.....
                            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

It's worth the trip to the petrol station as well...lexurf's starting up with a bit of throttle under a garage canopy...
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                                Where do you do a steady sixty?

Comment

Working...
                                X