###### hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ###### hell

just worked out my surf is doing 21.58 per gallon is that about wright for around town its a ssrx 3ltr

Yes, 20 to 25 is about what mine does.

You can offset The cost by filling up then driving away without paying.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Its not bad TBH for general driving around town not driving like a granny. I wouldn't think you'd ever get more than 23-25 around town. I don't even get that on a motorway in mine!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Don't drive round town then.....

You could go play in the mud and find that you've only done 10 to the gallon......

But most of all love your surf for what it is and does.....

I get 22mpg average, upto 26 on a run, tie the caravan on and down to 16ish depending on roads and traffic......

Sorry i'm bored me servers down and feck all to do but surf........
        Remember arrows are silent.....................
        Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

My impression of a grumpy Jock ...

"If you're worried about fuel consumption you should have bought a Kia Rio not a gas guzzling 4x4 !"

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Anything over 20 is ###### amazing! I work mine out every time I fill up. It varies depending where I've been and how I've been driving but always between 15 and 18mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
              i got one that works out at 20p a mile
              That's 30ish mpg?

I don't know what you pay for fuel but £1.39 a Litre = £6.25 a Gallon

£6.25/20p = 31.25

Comment

20MPG here ... a big difference from my 330d bmw (42mpg) but I can drive my surf all year round and not worry about going off the beaten track for work any more

I had already done the research on fuel before buying her so it was no big surprise when I found miss surf had a fettish for petrol stations lol

Comment

Lift it 5" and fit 33s and watch it drop to 17mpg

The 3rd gen petrol auto I had did 30mpg, the best diesel figures from a standard truck I ever got was 30mpg from my 3rd gen manual. Best I had from an auto diesel 25mpg.
                  Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

My impression of a grumpy Jock ...

"If you're worried about fuel consumption you should have bought a Kia Rio not a gas guzzling 4x4 !"

i know m8 but i thougt it would do a little better cant wait to get it DIRTY lol

Comment

I get around 400km per tank. I put in some STP stuff a few weeks ago and it rose to 500km; those figures lasted for around 3 fills. Then back to the 400km.

I've heard a lot of people swearing by Diptane to get better mileage from their diesels, but I haven't tried it yet.

EDIT: Odometer pic after using STP for one tank; I had never seen it in the 500's before!

That's 8km/litre, or 36km/gallon, or 22.5mpg, or €0.29/km. Urban.

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Fey!; 17 October 2011, 11:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
                        Anything over 20 is ###### amazing! I work mine out every time I fill up. It varies depending where I've been and how I've been driving but always between 15 and 18mpg.
                        That sounds more like it, you can double that for motorway.nice one,some honesty.Iwouldnt swap my smurf for anything, telling a lie maybe a Landcruiser 4.2 td less fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by toyota888 View Post
                          That sounds more like it, you can double that for motorway.nice one,some honesty.
                          Unless it's on the back of a breakdown truck, you won't get 30-36mpg out of a 2nd generation Surf.

Originally posted by toyota888 View Post
                          Iwouldnt swap my smurf for anything, telling a lie maybe a Landcruiser 4.2 td less fuel.
                          Where would you find someone stupid enough to swap a Landcruiser for a, blue, cartoon character?
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I once managed to get 29.8mpg out of the surf on a run to Lee on the Solent, M/way and fast duel carriageway nearly all the way. I drove like a saint and was completely knackered with the concentration needed. Coming back I drove normally (for me) and got 26.7mpg.
                            Funny I've never got anywhere near 29mpg since.

Brummie
                            I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

I find this very interesting,

My 3.0 v6 petrol does:
                              16.1 mpg on average on PETROL so thats 38p/ mile
                              13.3 mpg on average on LPG so thats 0.25p per mile

Which is not that bad, based on my maths thats better than most of you Diesel guys are getting, (LPG costs 71.9p per Ltr).

So the moral really is buy a petrol car and convert it to LPG and its the cheapest to run!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X