2nd Gen Whats is worth !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen Whats is worth !

I know the answer is probably like 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' but someone has offered me a 2nd Gen Surf Imported in 2002, 101k genuine miles, 2 owners, Excellent condition both mechanically and body..no rust underneath or anywhere I can see and well serviced..the only issue if there is one is that the last owner ( 4 years ) used it mainly for towing a caravan. Mot and tax until April 2012

I have not really got the cash for a 3rd gen ( although the debate for 2nd vs 3rd rages on ) and he is asking... £1500ono

I will only do about 5k a year and mainly for carrying large dogs to the field , no towing etc..

What do people think ?

What is it worth to you?
    2.4 0r 3.o?
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Surf

Good Point !

I wanted a tough reliable truck thats not falling apart..

its the 3.0 (1993)

Comment

If it all works no wierd noises no excuses for stuff that doesn't

Then I would take cash and start at £1300 it is only 6 months T n T

And if it all goes horribly wrong you can't blame me but you will have us lot to help you out with your questions
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

surf

Thanks.

Dont worry I wouldnt blame anyone for advice....

I thought it was cheap for one of these but it sounds from you are saying its about the money. I remember when I was looking last winter ( stupid time to look! ) they were all going for silly money..

To give you a better idea what I am used to, I have had the following 4x4's in the past Jeep Cherokee, Landrover Series III, Range Rover Gen 1, Nissan Patrol 3.0GR and last Landrover Discovery 300tdi

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
            Then I would take cash and start at £1300 it is only 6 months T n T
            Yep, I agree, although I'd start a bit lower with a view to paying £1,300. If it's recently had a new head, pay a couple of hundred more; if it hasn't, use the £200 to open a bank account to start saving for a new head.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Bid them in the Bollicks The worst they can do is say no, that at least opens the discussion's on "what's the least you will take" scenario who knows he might let it go for under a grand or he may not, but it's always worth an extra half hour bartering if it saves you another £300/400
              I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

It's easily worth £1500. Anything under that is a bargain.

Tax is nice to get, but MOT is pretty worthless You're not going to buy it if it smokes like a dog or has wornout tyres and rust everywhere.

If you're not a car dealer what does it matter if you get a bargain or not, get the truck you like, it's not all about the price.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                  It's easily worth £1500. Anything under that is a bargain.

Tax is nice to get, but MOT is pretty worthless You're not going to buy it if it smokes like a dog or has wornout tyres and rust everywhere.

If you're not a car dealer what does it matter if you get a bargain or not, get the truck you like, it's not all about the price.
                  Go Back to bed...it's way to early...
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

It's late?

Comment

Only if you worked all night...oh...

I finished at about midnight eventually, and came back in as i couldnt sleep. I found what can only be described as a shit explosion. I know just the two feckers, who are going to deal with it.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Lol, my 'puppy sitting on head' alarm went off, and couldn't get back to sleep so stuck headphones in, music (ish) on and decided to catch on tonight's carnage on here and around the Internet.

I my iPhone.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                          Only if you worked all night...oh...
                          Be hours before I get to bed too. I forgot it's Shirley's annual oncology appointment today.

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                          I finished at about midnight eventually, and came back in as i couldnt sleep. I found what can only be described as a shit explosion. I know just the two feckers, who are going to deal with it.
                          That's the reason I didn't follow in to the family business (plumbing), I bucked the trend and became a mechanic

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                            Lol, my 'puppy sitting on head' alarm went off, and couldn't get back to sleep so stuck headphones in, music (ish) on and decided to catch on tonight's carnage on here and around the Internet.

I my iPhone.

Iphones rock...puppy on head...i get that now

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            Be hours before I get to bed too. I forgot it's Shirley's annual oncology appointment today.

That's the reason I didn't follow in to the family business (plumbing), I bucked the trend and became a mechanic
                            Tell Shirley hello from me please. I now, do not have to do anything except press buttons, issue orders and pretend to look in charge...
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                            X