yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using redundant butterfly valve for engine braking, possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using redundant butterfly valve for engine braking, possible?

Hello world,
    Just been tinkering with my truck in the weekend (as normal I like to try new things)
    I have the 2LT in my truck so no efi to worry about yet still has all the extra crud attached to it.
    My butterfly valve seems to do shite all and never activates on shut down resulting in a very shaky shutdown.
    My question is seeing as its doing nothing as no computer to control it, can I rig it up to close on command using steering wheel buttons (more redundant crap as she dosent have cruise control anymore) giving me some form of engine braking for when im driving around the hills?
    And more importantly would this cause any problems or damage?

Assuming no problems as it would just make it like a petrols butterfly being closed but rather be sure before I start breaking things

On an unrelated note, im trying to fit an intercooler without a body lift, not going so well
    Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Not to be a douche and bump my own thread,, but,,,,

Just doing some browsing of the threads and a few mentions of engine braking in here, are they meant to work this way then and mine dosent want to for some reason, again prob because its 2LT not 2LT-E, any idea?

Would like to try and add this feature to my truck

Comment

Do you still have all the VSVs and vacuum hoses. If you do then check the hoses. They may be blocked off. Check for ball bearings in the hoses.

Nev

Comment

All 100% original, nothing removed and only hose blocked off is the egr one, Im just guessing that without the throttle position sensor and ecu is not gonna work, mainly just wanted to know if its safe to use it as engine braking but looks like its meant to have it so must be safe to manually activate it.

Will potter again this weekend and rig up a manual switching method for it, Ill be back for more help is she blows up in the process of trying

Comment

You don't have the emissions control computer?

Nev

Comment

ah I completely forgot about that we computer, yes thats in there sorry. is that meant to be controlling all that extra crud then? mabey thats stuffed, I know its not controlling the egr now as thats blocked off anyway

Comment

Working...
            X