Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi all just got rid of the shogun 2.5td s.w.b and replaced it with a surf 2.4td in blue so have i done the right thing

Originally posted by hodge911 View Post
    hi all just got rid of the shogun 2.5td s.w.b and replaced it with a surf 2.4td in blue so have i done the right thing
    No, you should've got a 3.0!

Welcome to Surfland.

From my experience Surfs are definitely better than Shoguns (more comfortable for a start) but it'd be interesting to hear what you think.

Comment

You've done a good thing but if you'd gone for the 3.0l you'd have done a great thing and perhaps the 2.7 or 3.4 would have been even better !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Don't let em wind you up, the 2.4 is a great bit of kit. I've had mine for just over a year now and wouldn't be without it.
        As long as you're not a boy racer you'll love it.
        One bit of advice i would give is to thoroughly go through the cooling system, flush it as much as possible, do the stat, rad cap, viscous fan oil and check the radiator. My rad looked fine until i removed and about half of the fins at the bottom were rotten, blocking airflow.

Enjoy it, drive it everywhere and get it covered in mud!
        Non consternationes.

Comment

Of course you have!......Welcome Peter..........Cheers......Mic k.
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Welcome.......you should have been here a couple of days ago...you missed all the fun...

Hope you enjoy it here....
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Good work, welcome to the world of quieter motoring and less oil leaks.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by dazandcaz View Post
                Don't let em wind you up, the 2.4 is a great bit of kit. I've had mine for just over a year now and wouldn't be without it.
                As long as you're not a boy racer you'll love it.
                One bit of advice i would give is to thoroughly go through the cooling system, flush it as much as possible, do the stat, rad cap, viscous fan oil and check the radiator. My rad looked fine until i removed and about half of the fins at the bottom were rotten, blocking airflow.

Enjoy it, drive it everywhere and get it covered in mud!
                have replaced the water pump and fitted a new radiator last weekend before i put it on the road properly [both parts brand new units ] temp gaudg sits nicely under half way regardless of engine load heaters working spot on .
                its a much smooother ride than the shogun and pulls alot better

Comment

have replaced the water pump and fitted a new radiator last weekend before i put it on the road properly [both parts brand new units ] temp gaudg sits nicely under half way regardless of engine load heaters working spot on .
                  its a much smooother ride than the shogun and pulls alot better
                  And the 3rd gen 3ltr turbo intercooled pulls even better, but at least its a move in the right direction, would'nt be without mine now

Comment

Working...
                  X