Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self parking cars......

As the title says......

So what if you got your new Fukus and was too lazy to park it yourself and engaged the "self park" feature and for some bizarre reason the thing bumped the car behind causing damage, who is liable ?????
    Technically/mechanically the car is driving itself you are just a passenger....
    You are not "in control" cus you have to let go of everything and keep your feet off the pedals.....
    Its the car doing all the work......

And how can closing the grill at the front of a car help mpg when its going to reduce the cooling of the ambient airflow past the engine and through the rad ??????

Have a think and post the usual drivle and i wait to read your responses....
    Remember arrows are silent.....................
    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
    As the title says......

So what if you got your new Fukus and was too lazy to park it yourself and engaged the "self park" feature and for some bizarre reason the thing bumped the car behind causing damage, who is liable ?????
    Technically/mechanically the car is driving itself you are just a passenger....
    You are not "in control" cus you have to let go of everything and keep your feet off the pedals.....
    Its the car doing all the work......

And how can closing the grill at the front of a car help mpg when its going to reduce the cooling of the ambient airflow past the engine and through the rad ??????

Have a think and post the usual drivle and i wait to read your responses....
    first one not a clue, but at a guess they would just argue that you was in the driver's seat, hence your the driver and in control

second one think idea is it reduces wind drag and males car more aerodynamic hence the improved mpg. but to me its just something to break and cause engine to over heat and go pop

Comment

The driver has to 'tell' the car to park its self, therefore he's in control. It's the same as being a banksman, you tell the crane driver what to do. If something goes wrong because of your order, it's your fault; not his.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Anyone who needs to 'tell' their car to park itself should have their keys removed from their hands and have them forcibly entered into their anus! Just my opinion....obviously!

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo-Child View Post
          Anyone who needs to 'tell' their car to park itself should have their keys removed from their hands and have them forcibly entered into their anus! Just my opinion....obviously!
          Is that what they mean by "keyless entry"
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Airliners fly themselves, but a crash is still possible due to pilot error.

If you are 'in charge' of the vehicle, it's your fault. Simples.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

On self parking cars you are in control of the breaking so liable for any damage.
              All the best

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo-Child View Post
                Excellent
                www.meridianpythons.co.uk

Comment

The vents are there to get the engine up to optimum temperature asap....thus saving fuel when the engine is warming up from cold, same thing in winter, cover the rad, increases eng temp, save fuel especially on short trips. Then again you dont want a diesel if you're doing short trips...a small petrol engine is better then.
                  The self park system is weird, it wont go into a space thats tight/too small, but having the bottle to let it steer itself is a very strange feeling, and you are in charge of the speed and brakes and direction, so ultimately any accident is your fault.
                  What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
                    how does self parking work in a parking bay like tescos, for example if there were no obstacles around like other cars or walls

Read what you just typed out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Read what you just typed out loud.
                      All the best

Comment

I would like to suggest a motion......along the 'key removal' vein......be-it an army of Surf drivers nationwide....looking out for these plonkers.....vaseline in hand and stern looks on their faces.....and directions to the nearest A+E printed on a sheet of A4

Comment

wonder if they've banded such systems being used on a driving test

Comment

Nissan go one better.

Comment

Imagine driving a Nissan Micra in 20 yrs.....if you have suicidal tendencies......you could be the victim of an inadvertant fatal head on with a Wagon! I wont even start on Tourettes sufferers....unless there's any in!!?

Comment

Working...
                              X