Need bigger axle stands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    The safest way would be to fabricate some big beefy mounts and weld them to the chassis.
    I'm surprised those shackles haven't buckled before now.
    You have not seen how much steel they are fabricated out of ...... each one is about 3kg and made like a Brunel bridge

The plan is to lower the connection the chassis and then use shorter shackles ..... BUT THEY WORK ATM
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by bushwhacker View Post
      the safest way would be to fabricate some big beefy mounts and weld them to the chassis.

A bigger version of this.....

http://www.motorgen.com/pic/data/500...00122-1513.jpg

i'm surprised those shackles haven't buckled before now.
      hmmmm nice
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

What about those folding shackle things? Extend when needed and fold up when they don't. I'm sure they come with lockable swivel plates too.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          What about those folding shackle things? Extend when needed and fold up when they don't. I'm sure they come with lockable swivel plates too.
          There horrible things Andy. I wouldn't run them.
          Brian

Comment

'Revolvers' are better than just the folding ones, as the biggest trouble with leaf springs and lots of flex is the alignment difference each end of the shackle when one side of the axle is drooping, and the other stuffed up in the wheel arch, hence the eating of bushes

Leaf springs are cheap and easy to lift, but on any reasonably fast but very bumpy road like the Plain's 'roads' I'll have the IFS and coiled 2nd Gen anytime.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X