Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID light technical question

Hi to our electrical gurus,
    I have had an issue with the HID headlight kit on my Gen 3. The supplier has been very good and is replacing all the bits which he thinks have failed. However, he has run out of the 4300k kits which I have and is supplying ballasts and bulbs which come with a 6000k kit.
    My questions are;
    1. Which bits of an HID set-up determine the light colour? Is it bulbs, ballasts or both?
    2. Are 4300k and 6000k bits interchangable?

I am only asking because I don't want to be too obvious on the road and the 4300k lights look the same colour as those fitted to many modern cars.

Thanks,
    Mark

The ballast will be the same, only the bulbs determine the colour.

6000k is too cool in my opinion, 4300k provides a much more natural, usable light.

Was it per chance the hi/low actuator that failed?
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

I think it was the control box in the loom which stopped putting out a +ve signal to one of the ballasts. The hi/lo mechanism (magnetic, I assume) works fine but one bulb doesn't light up. I have swapped both bulbs and ballasts but they all seem fine.
      Communications with the supplier are friendly but difficult as I bought the bits direct from Hong Kong. My Chinese is about as good as his English!!
      Cheers,
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X