wandering car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wandering car

right then. I have chenged both front calliper, pads, disks new brake fluid, apart from what issitting in the abs unit. Thecar still wants to pull to the left under braking. I have some side to side play on the left wheel i am now thinking the steering rack end joint could be worn would this cause thecar to wander?
    SWIFT AND BOLD

I haven't a clue but the title of the thread made me think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnbiRDNaDeo

Comment

Have you checked the brake pads are wearing/bedding in evenly? You may find one side is bedding in better than the other, giving more braking force on one wheel causing an imbalance, as for the play in the wheel it could be track rod ends, wheel bearing adjustment, play in steering rack or the bushes holding the rack to the crossmember, it all needs checking just to be certain and rule out the possible, once the possible has been eliminated only the impossible remains....Whatever that may be????
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Tyre pressure?

Now far be it for me to suggest or purport anything controversial but and not withstanding and without predjudice,
        I can with some certainty confirm that ;my truck did pull to left under braking ,not violently in a "blitz" style but it would nevertheless pull to the left.
        Being somewhat (edit) .I checked the tyre pressures and found that they were all over the place 50 psig to 15psig if I remember. Put all the tyres to the same and the "pull" went away.
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I was going to suggest "tyre pressure" then thought 1, i would have checked that already 2, he only mentioned the wander under braking so assumed again that the vehicle drove in a straight line and finally i presumed all normal checks had been done before he posted the question.

Comment

Castrate it, that'll curb it's wanderings.

Comment

I know what you mean hence my opening line would not want "anyone" trolling me.....

tyre pressures are easy to check and often overlooked hence my post .

similar symptons massive reduction of costs to fix
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Castrate it, that'll curb it's wanderings.
                clinical or chemical castration?
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                  I know what you mean hence my opening line would not want "anyone" trolling me.....

tyre pressures are easy to check and often overlooked hence my post .

similar symptons massive reduction of costs to fix
                  Nae worries mate I'm pretty thick skinned and always looking for more knowledge however small and seemingly unimportant, but it's as you say some of the simple checks get overlooked and, can end up costing people a fortune looking for a more sinister fault that isn't necessary. Anyway it wouldn't be a forum without conflicting post's

Comment

your profile pic is too smal is that a suzuki engine?
                    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Looks like a Yamaha to me.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                        your profile pic is too smal is that a suzuki engine?
                        No It's a 1981 Honda CB900 engine in a 1976 Honda CB750 SOHC frame and running gear built by me in about eight weeks from a basket case

Comment

HONDA of course (eye test overdue) oddly enough had both of those before I saw the light and got a zed
                          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

A 4x4 took me out so i'm not riding at the moment due to the injuries, i'm still on crutches so i'm probably going to either build a trike or buy a project

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
                              A 4x4 took me out so i'm not riding at the moment due to the injuries, i'm still on crutches so i'm probably going to either build a trike or buy a project
                              I am sorry to hear that hopefully nothing permanent.Got hit by an artic !!! so I feel your pain.

Trikes have always been a divided opinion for me I would prefer two wheels upfront and shaft driven to rear.......
                              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X