spot the difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spot the difference

bought this (see pic) and when i remove the old one realize they aren't the same even they say is for my vehicle (waiting for an answer tomorrow) so i will put back the old one waiting till it brake again.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by budweiser; 21 September 2011, 19:43.
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Thats probably because your old one has been chopped and welded.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Thats probably because your old one has been chopped and welded.
      checked with the other side and they are the same (welded one)
      plus the new one doesnt have the tread long enough

Comment

The old ones are just bolts welded on to the end of the link, the new ones will be correct. The thread is the length it is to prevent over-compressing the bushes.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          The old ones are just bolts welded on to the end of the link, the new ones will be correct. The thread is the length it is to prevent over-compressing the bushes.
          aha! great thanks, so i need to buy an other one for the other side to keep it equal.

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
            aha! great thanks, so i need to buy an other one for the other side to keep it equal.
            Yes. It's always a good idea to replace suspension and steering components in pairs anyway.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I doubt the new one is correct. The originals do not have a spline on the ball joint stud. Check under the end of the rubber boot of the old one and I think you will find the stud is tapered and there will also be a hex hole in the end for an allen key.

Nev

Comment

Seem to remember when I got new ones from Milners they were different lengths than the originals.

Never got around to fitting them and just re-bushed the originals

Comment

This is what they should look like.

http://shop.allfourx4.com.au/WebRoot...50102wmark.jpg

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                    I doubt the new one is correct. The originals do not have a spline on the ball joint stud. Check under the end of the rubber boot of the old one and I think you will find the stud is tapered and there will also be a hex hole in the end for an allen key.

Nev
                    yeap both got hex hole in the end for an allen key. but yes about difference on being tapered/spline

Comment

Working...
                    X